Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Product Owner to innovate, win, and grow with us.
The Product Owner - Working with your Product Management colleagues, you will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and managing stakeholder expectations. You will be the primary Product Owner for a dedicated scrum team to deliver platform capabilities available to customers and internal product teams.
The Product Owner is responsible for owning the release backlog for a particular scrum team and working with the team as they develop stories, use cases and functional specifications for our Bottomline IQ Platform.
You’ll work in conjunction with the Product Development and Product Management teams to help define and document the detailed requirements needed to create a world class platform. Once a release backlog is defined and stories are ready to execute, you will continue to assist the release process and work with the technical leads to deliver high quality software.
As a Product Owner, you’re expected to understand the dynamics of a public cloud-ready SaaS solution and the value of incremental delivery within a CI/CD pipeline. The Product Owner will use that knowledge to facilitate the growth of our platform.
Essential Job Functions:
- Gather business requirements and communicate those to the broader product management team and your scrum team
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of product stories, use cases and functional specifications.
- Work with the team to deliver “ready” Epics and user stories
- Work with Product Development to accurately document functional requirements within the stories that make up the scrum teams backlogs.
- Understand and communicate the impact of changes to the requirements.
- Increase personal technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Document API specifications and user guides for developer enablement.
- Assist in training the implementation and support teams.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the area of focus for the scrum team for client project questions and issues.
- Understand velocity of the team to assist with prioritizing the backlogs, assist the team in determining how much can be taken into a given sprint cycle, determine when work is considered “done”.
- Ability to make key product decisions within a given sprint cycle.
- 3+ years managing technology products and success defining and launching products
- 2+ years Demonstrable knowledge of SDLC, Product Lifecycle Management
- Ability to lead a team and execute.
- Knowledge of leading and executing in an agile methodology using Scrum.
- Training in analytical processes such as story creation, use case definitions or interview techniques.
- Ability to capture use requirements for an application to drive user story creation
- Strong written communication skills. (MS Office skills, specifically MS Excel & Word)
- Knowledge and experience in the use of JIRA
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of designing software solutions.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong team player.
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Individual must have a strong quality focus
- Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines consistently
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to demonstrate product in front of large groups
- Testing and validation experience is desired
- Experience with cloud technologies/services
- Experience leveraging cloud architectural patterns
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in finance, business, or technology related field
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.