Banking Solutions serves the world’s largest banks and financial institutions. BT provides these institutions with web-based software for online account opening, online banking, payments management, cash management, treasury, and accounts payable automation supporting our customers’ business goals and growth strategies.
The SAM serves as the single point of contact for the client, proactively coordinates and executes case management, defect resolution, product health, is the lead to the customer for communication, and manages critical situations. Duties include, but are not limited to, communication with the client, triaging issues as they are received by the client, maintaining open issues lists, conducting weekly meetings as well as other tasks and services necessary to ensure the delight of the client. This individual is encouraged to think creatively and is empowered to make routine decisions to address customer issues utilising his or her own expertise. This role will be onsite at a strategic BT partner bank, in front of the customer daily.
It is important to note that while the position requires a certain level of technical expertise, it is not a development position, i.e. the SAM is not required to develop any code fixes to respond to customer support requests.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Enterprise Support/Tier 1 client
- Assume total accountability for customer delight through various relationship management activities
- Facilitate a high level of communication with High Value | Tier 1 client
- Available during supported hours of operation including 7 X 24 pager support for production emergencies
- Serves as the Officer in Charge (OIC) during production emergencies and communicates updates during the Severity 1/Critical Incident 7 step process
- Perform high level data analysis and project review when supporting/trouble-shooting account issues; triage customer tickets
- Update CRM real time for all client activities/issues, manage and maintain client issues lists, and reproduce issues as identified by the client
- Participate in both internal and client status calls
- Support the testing of client applications
- Manages Production Support Engineer (PSE) resources through issue resolution or enhancement delivery
- Manage and facilitate communications with Production Support Engineers, Program and Development resources, and all applicable third party related entities
- Facilitate the change management process for minor enhancements and/or issues with client applications
- Manage and maintain the implementation timelines for minor client enhancements
- Author functional and/or technical design documents for minor enhancements and fixes as needed
- Travel to various customer locations and as needed to BT headquarters in the US
- Develop and deliver customer reports, both internal and external
- Prior experience working with and supporting software applications used by external customers
- Experience with large corporations, particularly banks and financial institutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with customers in person as well as over the phone
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of individuals and groups in different locations and time zones, to deliver
- customer value
- Technical Account Management
- Understanding of J2EE enterprise application architectures for the delivery of transactional applications.
- Working knowledge of relational databases (specifically Oracle); ability to understand and execute ad-hoc SQL queries against databases, in the context of troubleshooting and reproducing system problems.
- Other relevant technical skills: J2EE application server deployment/setup (WebSphere, WebLogic, etc.); ability to work with Unix/Solaris/AIX operating systems as well as MS Windows
- Prior experience as a systems developer or architect in a J2EE environment usually satisfies this requirement
- Payments Initiation & Workflow
- Corporate Treasury Operations
- Corporate Accounts Payable Operations
- Information Reporting (Prior Day vs. Current Day Statements, Balances, etc.)
Degree or equivalent preferred