Bloomreach is the world’s #1 Commerce Experience Cloud, empowering brands to deliver customer journeys so personalized, they feel like magic. It offers a suite of products that drive true personalization and digital commerce growth, including:
Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising
Content, offering a headless CMS
Engagement, offering a leading CDP and marketing automation solutions
Together, these solutions combine the power of unified customer and product data with the speed and scale of AI-optimization, enabling revenue-driving digital commerce experiences that convert on any channel and every journey. Bloomreach serves over 850 global brands including Albertsons, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer. Bloomreach recently raised $175 million in a Series F funding round, bringing its total valuation to $2.2 billion. The investment was led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management with participation from Bain Capital Ventures and Sixth Street Growth. For more information, visit Bloomreach.com.
Our Bangalore team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by the Bangalore team. Bloomreach Commerce Search and Categories, which adapt your content to make it personal and relevant for individual users, was built entirely by the Bangalore team. Bloomreach Cloud Operations team is seeking qualified engineering manager applicants to join our Cloud Operations Group. Like traditional operations groups, we keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running. Unlike traditional operations groups, we also fix, extend, and scale the code to keep it working and harden it. We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. Join the team that will be responsible for ensuring that Bloomreach’s externally customer facing services meet the required reliability, availability and performance expectations while constantly focusing on driving improvements
What You’ll Do
We believe passion and personality matter; as such, we need leaders that can manage diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing day to day people management with moving the business forward both technically and culturally.
Your Responsibilities Include but are not limited to
As an Engineering Leader in our Cloud Operations Group, you will lead a team of engineers who are working to keep Bloomreach services available and reliable.
- Collaborate with Engineering & Product Leaders, and Senior Leadership to define the vision and build the roadmap.
- Own and drive your team of engineers engaging in Incident Management, Root Cause Analysis, Change Management, and project/ programs to improve key performance metrics.
- Working with Other Eng leads to defining and implementing the Observability strategy focused on Metrics (Systems, Custom), Logging, Monitoring/ APM capabilities.
- Possess the technical experience and hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed.
- Mentor, grow, and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and enable them to become technical leaders.
- Help the individuals on your team to build and execute personal development plans that align with Bloomreach’s goals and objectives, and understand how their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Scale the team up by sourcing and hiring talented operational-focused engineers both externally and internally.
- Analyze and identify opportunities for continuous improvement and partner with engineering to constantly improve services
Who You Are
- You have 15+ years of software support, reliability, or operations engineering experience in a highly customer-focused environment.
- You have 5+ years of experience successfully managing a team of site reliability engineers on large-scale B2C platforms that included technical deep-dives and production troubleshooting in the areas of distributed systems, code, networking, storage, and operating systems.
- You possess strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams.
- You have prior experience in setting and scaling up SRE functions and best practices.
- You will bring a strong perspective and collaborative partnership that drives change, and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges.
- You have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap, and you've collaborated, partnered, and influenced product engineering teams.
- You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams.
- You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management and are able to tailor the level of technical detail to suit your audience.
- B’Tech. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in one or more of C, C++, Java, Go or Python.
- Experience in AWS/GCP, monitoring tools, big data platforms like Hadoop/Spark, databases Mysql/Cassandra/Redis
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python.
- Annual medical insurance coverage for yourself and your dependents
- Annual master health check-up up to 4000 INR per month
- Statutory retirement benefits (Provident Fund Gratuity)
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We encourage and support our employees to engage in volunteering activities - every Bloomreacher can take 5 paid days off to volunteer.
We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.5/5 rating.
We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.
We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.