We are Bloomreach, an internationally renowned Digital Experience Platform. We are currently valued at $900M, after a $150M investment and acquisition of Exponea, the #1 CDP on G2crowd. We work with global e-commerce leaders and other top companies from all over the globe.
We are currently expanding our Recommendations Team and are looking for a new colleague as a Software Engineer. The salary range is €2,500 - €3,500. Could you be the one we're looking for?
About your role and the team:
The goal of the Recommendations team is to improve customer experience through personalized recommendations and predictions. It allows online stores to better connect with their customers, and customers to find relevant products out of thousands available. As a Software Engineer, you will work with large amounts of customer behaviour data to build and maintain:
- Machine learning-based product recommendation platform for hundreds of e-commerce stores serving millions of customers.
- Predictive analytics to learn customers behaviour and predict their future actions.
- Next-gen A/B/* testing based on contextual multi-armed bandit models.
We are looking for an engineer with an affinity for data science. Most of the time you’ll use your engineering skills. Occasionally you’ll tackle machine learning models to make our predictions and recommendations even better. Your tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain ML models that are used by hundreds of our e-commerce clients. Each of our clients uses their model in different ways, with different kinds of data about customers and their behaviour. It’s our job to make the models versatile and foolproof.
- Build and maintain APIs for recommendations and predictions. Our product has a lot of various features that consume the machine learning models through their APIs.
Design and build data pipelines and storage for ML models. Data engineering is an important part of this job, as we maintain our models ourselves. That means robust high-throughput pipelines, fast data storage for real-time outputs, reliable scalable infrastructure, and quality monitoring and alerting.
What you might like about this role:
The perks and challenges of our Recommendations Team projects:
- We have one of the best Customer Data and Experience Platforms (CDXP) in the world. Our clients love what we do, which is reflected in our high Net Promoter Score. You can participate by suggesting new product features and ideas.
- Every hour, our models recommend the next product to buy to millions of people around the globe. The impact of your work will be huge.
- Our recommendations and predictions are served on-demand in near-real time. Speed is critical for us, and represents one of the biggest challenges for the team. If increasing data throughput and decreasing response times is your thing, this job is for you.
- We grow fast and our systems need to grow with us. We rewrite our pipeline often so that it’s more robust and scalable.
- This job is demanding and requires continuous learning. That’s why every team member is granted a yearly Udemy budget to advance in their proficiency.
Our tech stack:
- Python (NumPy, SciKit) & Go
- Google BigQuery
- SQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Apache Kafka
- Kubernetes, Prometheus
- various Google Cloud Platform services (GCS, pub/sub, ...)
- Gitlab CI/CD
What we expect of the candidate:
- Senior-level programming skill, ability to write clean and modular code.
- Solid experience in building HTTP and gRPC APIs.
- Experience delivering high-throughput distributed infrastructure.
- Experience with storage and database technologies including relational and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team using strong written and verbal communication.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python, Go or similar language.
- Experience with data science and machine learning is optional. It’s OK if you are a software developer with no prior experience with this stuff - we will provide you with opportunities to learn.
- Experience with running data-intensive applications (batch or real-time processing).
- Ability to compare pros and cons of storage or database solutions and pick the best fit for a particular problem.
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.5/5 rating.
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.