Bloomreach is the leader in commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform that utilizes the full spectrum of commerce data, from product to customer, alongside content management capabilities, and AI-driven search, merchandising, and personalization in one flexible, API-first platform. We serve over 700 global brands including Albertsons, Staples, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer, and power $200 billion in digital commerce experiences annually.
Our mission for our team is to make careers at Bloomreach the most impactful professional experience of people’s lives. Bloomreach is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. At Bloomreach we have created a safe space and actively encourage Bloomreachers to bring their whole selves to work, embracing what makes each person in our company unique.
The Senior Java Developer is part of the Bloomreach Website Operations team. This team works hand in hand with other teams within the marketing department (brand, campaigns, partnership teams) to deliver personalized online experiences through bloomreach.com using Bloomreach Digital Experience Platform (DXP).
As Senior Java Developer in our Marketing team, you will:
- become an expert in implementing large scale web applications using Bloomreach Experience Manager
- work mainly on a bloomreach.com website project and create compelling website elements
- make software architectural decisions, advise our customers and partners, together with Solution Architects and become the go-to expert for anything back-end related
- Develop repeatable and scalable processes to improve project quality
You're someone who likes to learn on the job and is not afraid to learn to dive into new projects and be proactive from day 1. Your onboarding will include getting product and company training and shadow colleagues who are supporting large implementations in the region.
The ideal candidate
- Has experience as a Web (Application) Developer, preferably with Java, with delivery responsibilities
- Has experience implementing Enterprise CMS or related technologies (eCommerce / DAM / PIM)
- Has extensive knowledge of core Java and common Java libraries and frameworks, and integration patterns and frameworks (Java, FreeMarker, Spring, TDD, Web services, Application servers)
- Has experience with standard development tooling like Maven, Git, CI, Docker
- Has strong hands-on programming skills, and creates smart and beautiful code
- Gets energized from sharing best practices with fellow developers which is present on your Github account and blog on Software
- We have adopted English as our working language in so we expect you to have a good grasp on both verbal and written English
What we offer
By joining our team, you'll enjoy:
- A challenging position with lots of growth potential: feel empowered and gain the support you need for personal and professional development.
- A Work from Anywhere philosophy: Work with a team of fiercely intelligent, international coworkers in our office in the heart of Bratislava.
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure and open(-source) mentality.
- A commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.
- Monthly lunch entitlement by up to 110€ per month
- Pension scheme or Health insurance to be launched in July depending on region
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.55/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.