We are Bloomreach, an internationally renowned Digital Experience Platform. We are currently valued at $900M, after a $150M investment and acquisition of Exponea, the #1 CDP on G2crowd. We work with global e-commerce leaders and other top companies from all over the globe.
Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, CapitalOne, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms. Bloomreach is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. At Bloomreach, we have created a safe space and actively encourage Bloomreachers to bring their whole selves to work, embracing what makes each person in our company unique.
The Senior Java Developer is part of the Bloomreach Website Operations team. This team works hand in hand with other teams within the marketing department (brand, campaigns, partnership teams) to deliver personalized online experiences through bloomreach.com using Bloomreach Digital Experience Platform (DXP) .
As Senior Java Developer in our Marketing team, you will:
- become an expert in implementing large scale web applications using Bloomreach Experience Manager
- work mainly on a bloomreach.com website project and create compelling website elements
- make software architectural decisions, advise our customers and partners, together with Solution Architects and become the go-to expert for anything back-end related
- Develop repeatable and scalable processes to improve project quality
You're someone who likes to learn on the job and is not afraid to learn to dive into new projects and be proactive from day 1. Your onboarding will include getting product and company training and shadow colleagues who are supporting large implementations in the region.
The ideal candidate
- Has experience as a Web (Application) Developer, preferably with Java, with delivery responsibilities
- Has experience implementing Enterprise CMS or related technologies (eCommerce / DAM / PIM)
- Has extensive knowledge of core Java and common Java libraries and frameworks, and integration patterns and frameworks (Java, FreeMarker, Spring, TDD, Web services, Application servers)
- Has experience with standard development tooling like Maven, Git, CI, Docker
- Has strong hands-on programming skills, and creates smart and beautiful code
- Gets energized from sharing best practices with fellow developers which is present on your Github account and blog on Software
- We have adopted English as our working language in so we expect you to have a good grasp on both verbal and written English
What we offer
By joining our team, you'll enjoy:
A challenging position with lots of growth potential: feel empowered and gain the support you need for personal and professional development.
A Work from Anywhere philosophy: Work with a team of fiercely intelligent, international coworkers in our office in the heart of Bratislava or work from anywhere! The choice is yours.
A flat, non-hierarchical structure and open(-source) mentality.
A commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- At Bloomreach, we believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who like what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our 4.7/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program - using competency maps, participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company.
- Our managers participate in the leader development program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader.
- Bloomreachers utilize the personal education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, etc.)
- There's access to Udemy courses for all employees.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available for work-related communications challenges.
- The employee assistance program - with counselors - is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Bloomreachers enjoy DisConnect days to unwind and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- There's extended parental leave available (with regional specifics).
- Bloomreachers get rewarded based on their commitment and capabilities.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- Bloomreachers get stock options granted depending on their role, seniority, and location.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to 3000 USD paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- Bloomreach provides a monthly lunch entitlement (with regional specifics).
- There's a pension scheme (with regional specifics).
- Employees get a healthcare plan (with regional specifics).
- We celebrate work anniversaries - Bloomversaries!