Bloomreach is the leader in digital and commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform built specifically for brands, retailers and B2B companies who want to grow their revenue online while delivering each of their customers a premium, personalized experience. brX is the only platform that combines content and experience management with market-leading, AI-driven search, merchandising and personalization together in one efficient, modern platform.
Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, CapitalOne, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms. Bloomreach is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. At Bloomreach, we have created a safe space and actively encourage Bloomreachers to bring their whole selves to work, embracing what makes each person in our company unique.
Bloomreach is one of the most successful and innovative digital companies of the past 10 years, with offices in the US, UK, India and the Netherlands.
We’re looking for a Senior Front-end Developer
Done creating yet another standard front-end application? Ready to shape the developer experience and environment of your fellow front-end developers? As a member of one of our cross-functional engineering teams, you’ll have the opportunity to design and implement clever and efficient ways for developers and business users alike to build, integrate and manage front-end applications (“experiences”). As a member of our global front-end chapter, you’ll have the opportunity to share and establish front-end development best practices and introduce new advancements. And you’ll work closely with UX design and product management to shape our product.
On this job, we’ll expect you to
- Extend and improve our front-end developer-facing SDKs for integrating state-of-the-art custom front-ends with our SaaS product, using modern front-end frameworks like React, Angular and Vue
- Design and implement front-end extension points with clearly documented, stable APIs
- Create and extend developer and business-user facing UIs, in close collaboration with the UX designers, and integrate them into our micro-front-end architecture
- Extend and improve our advanced Experience Manager UI for business users to manage their custom front-ends
- Contribute to the global engineering front-end chapter, sharing knowledge and making suggestions on most relevant product and process improvements
- During the first 30 days, build up a decent understanding of our front-end technology landscape in order to efficiently develop our product
- Assure quality of your front-end code through best practices such as static code analysis and decent unit test coverage
Additional skills that help you achieve these objectives
- You have strong interpersonal skills, suited for a work-from-anywhere environment
- You have affinity with good UX, and you’re able to assess the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- You’re familiar developing for all major modern browsers
- You understand patterns and mechanisms of the interactions between front- and back-end
- You understand the SOLID principles to write clean and maintainable code
What we offer
By joining our team, you'll enjoy:
- A challenging position with lots of growth potential: feel empowered and gain the support you need for personal and professional development.
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure and open(-source) mentality.
- A commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.
On top of a competitive base salary, you will enjoy
- A discretionary bonus depending on the company’s performance, paid out twice a year
- A stock option grant as a long term incentive to engage with Bloomreach
- Being part of
- an efficient, lean and motivated team of talented, smart engineers
- a highly collaborative, non-hierarchical engineering department
- a diverse group of supportive colleagues from all over the world
- Ample opportunity for personal growth, taking ownership and career development
- A state-of-the-art laptop of your choice (e.g. MacBook/Lenovo)
- A 50/50 pension scheme
- Reimbursement of internet, mobile communication and travel expenses
Only applications of people with a valid working permit for the Netherlands are taken into consideration.