YOUR CHALLENGEOur HQ is based in Berlin and we also have Tech Hubs in Spain, UK and Italy.
As an Android Engineer, you'll be in charge of crafting the mobile experience for our users. Collaborating in the Mobile team, you will be responsible for implementing features for both end users (chauffeurs and guests). Last but not least, you will be an active part of defining the team’s roadmap, reviewing pull requests, and engaging in pair or mob programming sessions whenever there’s something that requires more than one pair of eyes. Additionally, you will be:
- Working closely with Backend Engineers on implementing features and work on graphql schemas
- Having a close relationship with the design team and the product managers to evaluate and improve the UI/UX
- At least 3 years of experience with Kotlin Android application development, from planning to publishing.
- You have deep knowledge of the design patterns depending on the product (MVP/MVVM architecture)
- You are a team player and have the ability to own topics and innovate.
- You have experience in automated tests (unit, functional, end-to-end), documentation, and continuous integration.
- You have experience in backend development and can contribute in grooming as well as in GraphQL schema discussions.
- You have experience with RxJava/RxKotlin or Coroutines/Flows (nice to have, but not a must)
MORE THAN A JOB:
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture. Responding to the pandemic, we’ve successfully managed the crises and retained our talented crew! We are now poised for massive growth in 2021.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days (working from home is the new normal).
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 75% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2025.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane