We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Legal department at Blacklane.
- Advise on various legal matters relating to our hubs in Germany, UK, USA, Singapore, Australia and Dubai.
- Provide general legal support in a wide variety of legal fields, local and international, in particular:
- Commercial law
- International law
- Data protection and consumer protection
- E-commerce law
- IP/IT law
- Labor law
- General contract law
- Cooperate with external legal counsel to advise on various regulatory matters in numerous foreign jurisdictions around the globe.
- We do not expect you to be an acknowledged expert in all the above legal fields, but you will need to apply yourself to all topics (with internal and external support).
- Take ownership and responsibility and be able to drive, plan and carry a project.
- Fully qualified lawyer (German admission) with international CV proving strong motivation and legal expertise in e-commerce.
- 1–5 years of professional experience, either in an international law firm (IP/IT/e-commerce law) or in the legal department of a multinational e-commerce company, ideally with background knowledge of the global travel industry.
- Excellent legal drafting, negotiation, and communication skills, both oral and written (English/German).
- Pragmatic approach, solution-oriented, can-do attitude, strong analytical skills, sound judgment.
- Ready to provide legal advice in a fast-paced, challenging, and international environment.
- Understanding of digital businesses as well as an interest in the e-mobility market and are (internal) customer-focused at all times
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, familiar with working on multicultural teams.
- Fluent in business and legal English, as well as German, both oral and written, is an absolute must.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize your workload.
- Fun to work with.
More than a job:
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture. Responding to the pandemic, we’ve successfully managed the crises and retained our talented crew! We are now poised for massive growth in 2021.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days (working from home is the new normal).
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 75% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2025.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane