Blacklane is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to help us migrate our apps to Kubernetes and support in maintaining, scaling, and monitoring our AWS infrastructure. As part of our infrastructure team, you will follow best practices like writing infrastructure as code, automating test and release processes, monitoring, and alerting.
You will help us kill a monolith by developing tools that make our developers’ lives easier when interacting with our CI/CD pipelines and our Kubernetes cluster. You will support them whenever they have infrastructure-related questions.
Last but not least, you will be an active part of defining the team’s roadmap, reviewing pull requests, and engaging in pair or mob programming sessions whenever there’s something that requires more than one pair of eyes.
Our HQ is based in Berlin and we also have Tech Hubs in Spain, UK and Italy.
- You are proactive, curious, and a team player.
- You are familiar with DevSecOps and SRE approaches and practices.
- You craft solutions with simplicity and maintainability in mind.
- You have a clear understanding of networking, DNS, and proxies.
- You understand containers and are experienced in working with Kubernetes.
- You are familiar with Linux systems and Shell scripting.
- You have experience with handling infrastructure via code and CI/CD.
- You know how to monitor a server’s health and what metrics are important. You are familiar with security best practices in regards to servers or containers.
- You have some experience working with AWS services, such as load balancers, S3, RDS, CloudFormation, CloudFront.
- You are willing to take and give honest feedback with respect and dedication.
- You are fluent in English.
- Additional nice-to-have experience:
- Experience with Terraform and/or Ansible
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience with any of these CI/CD solutions: TravisCI, DroneCI, Gitlab, CircleCI, Jenkins
- You have coding experience, ideally with Go or Python.
MORE THAN A JOB
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture. Responding to the pandemic, we’ve successfully managed the crises and retained our talented crew! We are now poised for massive growth in 2021.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days (working from home is the new normal).
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 75% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2025.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane