Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture—one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
About the team
AppHelp delivers IT helpdesk solutions that help customers onboard, and support technology services to improve market share, mitigate churn, and increase the lifetime value. As a member of the team, you will own the AppHelp roadmap for our customer experience and also for our technical support teams.
We have a strong passion for creating best-in-class user experiences at every stage of the customer journey. We thrive on turning complex technical challenges into elegant customer-focused solutions that are scalable and easy to use. Catering to a diverse ecosystem of cloud commerce vendors, channels, and users requires us to creatively think our way through challenges - with a dual focus on product quality and time-to-market. We learn from but don't dwell on our occasional mistakes - holding each other accountable, while also being committed to our shared success.
How you'll make an impact
AppDirect is seeking a highly self-motivated product management professional with a passion for creating customer value to join our team. You will become a key member of the global AppDirect Product Management team, working closely with your peers and software engineers to plan and drive execution of your product roadmap for the end-to-end experience of purchasing and managing AppHelp products on the AppDirect platform. A significant part of your role will be working closely with program leads and project managers to launch and grow their partner programs.
What you'll do
- Develop and drive the AppHelp product roadmap, from concept to customer.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, user stories, and prototypes.
- Serve as a product owner on the scrum team(s) and work with engineers to deliver a quality product on time.
- Engage with customers and partners to deliver roadmap updates, get product feedback, and identify additional challenges and opportunities.
- Be a subject matter expert internally on the end-to-end customer and support agent journeys for AppHelp products.
- Continuously groom your product backlog to develop and execute your product roadmap, with strong time-to-market urgency and focus.
- Collect and analyze data and understand workflows that delight customers while maintaining support agent efficiency.
- Drive innovation on the end-to-end user experience of purchasing and managing AppHelp products (both one-time and recurring) on the AppDirect and partner platforms.
- Own the execution of creating new service offerings, and work with the cross functional teams who are responsible for identifying new services in the market.
- Continuously articulate your rationale for AppHelp feature prioritization, driving hard tradeoff decisions that balance competing internal and external stakeholder interests.
- Constantly assess product-market fit, using customer insights, competitive analysis and your own industry knowledge to adapt and prioritize the AppHelp product roadmap.
- Be accountable for on-time delivery of your features planned for the quarter, taking into account cross-team dependencies and being proactive to communicate unavoidable date slips that could negatively impact customer commitments.
- Engage cross-functionally with product marketing, sales, and other stakeholders to support strategic customer opportunities and manage alignment between customer expectations and timing of delivery for your committed product features.
- Be accountable for supporting the full go-to-market delivery of your product features, creating product content for sales, marketing, and other stakeholders, to support product training, sales enablement and other product go-to-market activities.
- Keep a watchful eye on the performance of your product features, ensuring performance and reliability meet partner and customer needs and that issues are resolved quickly.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline is required.
- 3years of strong technology background, including previous development experience is required. Technology product management and related experience/certifications is a plus.
- 3+ years of strong business background in the telecom and/or customer service industry.
- Familiarity with call center and support agent experience management is a plus.
- Experience running scrum teams and use of agile & scrum methodologies for software development.
- Experience as business analyst or customer facing roles defining and managing business requirements for SaaS or other technical products or services, with differentiated end-to-end user experience, high performance and reliability at scale.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and detail oriented approach to your work, while also being quick to act and results driven.
- Availability to cover North America time zones.
- Strong ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps and drive cross-functionally to execute and deliver under aggressive time constraints.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming product requirements into an actionable product roadmap.
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.