About the team:
The Accounting Team at AppDirect provides the financial backbone of the company in the form of payroll, billing operations, accounts payable, revenue, equity, and financial reporting. We are an agile team within the larger Finance Department with great responsibility as providers of financial metrics and gatekeepers of compliant financial reporting. We are active participants in the Company’s robust revenue cycle and proactively champion financial integrity, process efficiency and internal controls in the spirit of the core values of AppDirect.
How you’ll make an impact & what you’ll do:
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Accountant to assist in facilitating the accounts payable and expense reporting cycle. The Accounts Payable Accountant should be self-motivated individual who has a thirst to develop new processes while improving existing ones. As an Accounts Payable Accountant at AppDirect you are someone who is able to roll up their sleeves for a hands-on experience with an elite team to develop and build a first class accounting function. To be successful in this role, you must have knowledge of U.S. GAAP, accounting processes, controls and systems.
- Day-to-day activities:
- Analyze invoice and payment discrepancies and work with business units to resolve issues.
- Managing daily payment processing, ACH, Wire, Check in various currencies.
- PR and PO creation and assisting business owners with creating PRs and tracking.
- Assist with corporate credit cards.
- Vendor management and reporting in Concur and NetSuite.
- Manage employee expense report and travel processing in Concur
- Assist with administrative tasks for department including record keeping and filing.
- Provide management report and analysis.
- Month-end activities: Assist in monthly close process and ensure compliance with monthly close calendar. Prepare month-end journal entries (e.g. reconciliation of the AP sub-ledger, accruals, allocations), balance sheet reconciliations, management reporting (PO reports, cash out), and supporting schedules in a thoughtful, easy to understand manner.
- Compliance: Prepare year end reporting, e.g. 1099. Assist with external financial audits and other due diligence requests.
- Policies and procedures: Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for Accounts Payable, Expense Reporting and Purchasing.
- Internal controls: Support accounting team’s commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP and the Company’s internal controls.
- Special projects: Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
What you’ll need:
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in Accounts Payable in a high volume environment, a plus. A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Process oriented: Extreme attention to details, well organized, with excellent skills in managing time and ability to multi-task.
- Systems: NetSuite ERP system experience a plus. Concur Travel and Invoice. Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Teamwork: Teamwork is essential to the group, so it is critical that the candidate interact with other team members and manages collaboratively and effectively.
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.