At TriNet Zenefits, our mission is to level the playing field for the other 99.7%— the underserved small and mid-size businesses that fuel our economy. These businesses face challenges disproportionate to their size and resources. That’s why we provide an intuitive, mobile, all-in-one People Operations ("POPs") platform specifically built for small businesses and their employees.
The Senior Product Manager will design, develop, manage and drive the development of a premium client, work site employee, and colleague experience for TriNet Zenefits. This includes responsibility for developing product and go-to-market strategies, conducting market research, generating product requirements; managing roadmaps, and working closely with a cross-functional team of stakeholders to drive implementation. Responsible for identifying and documenting product and business requirements via a product roadmap and taking them from concept to production.
What you will do
- Identify product and business requirements from concept to production
- Develop product strategy and execute on roadmap(s) working with stakeholders to drive implementation
- Develop go-to-market strategy demonstrating in-depth understanding of market and client needs
- Conduct market research and perform competitive data analysis that drives continuous product discovery
- Own features from conception to launch, working with our Design, Engineering, and QA teams to deliver improvements to the product
- Design for new features and enhancements, plan the rollout, evaluate new opportunities and create new proposals aligned with business strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners ensuring alignment, understanding needs and identifying dependencies to deliver integrated, end-to-end solutions
- Prioritize the product backlog with clearly articulated benefits, while keeping orderly and handling ongoing feature and bug requests
- Ensure clear and concise documentation of planned features as epics and user stories
- Produce collateral to enable Marketing and Sales teams as new product/features are released and launched
- Collaborate with product leadership to shape the long-term product and business direction
- Participate as active member of scrum team and in all agile ceremonies
- Other product related projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager's discretion
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Typically 5+ years Experience in Product roles such as Product Manager, Solution Architect, or Business Analyst required
- Typically 5+ years Demonstrated experience in transforming business requirements into technical solutions that drive value preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Understands Agile development methodologies, like Scrum
- Uses process and metrics-driven product management approach
- Strong strategic thinking, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Proven track record of successful cross-functional product launches
- Ability to communicate with, build trust and influence colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to lead and manage projects and facilitate team interactions effectively, including successfully handling conflict and competing priorities
- Produces results in a fast paced, continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Exceptional communication, written and oral, and presentation skills (Advanced proficiency)
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with cloud-based solutions (SaaS)
Work Environment Information (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.):
- Minimal travel required
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com to request such an accommodation.