J o b D e s c r i p t i o n
This position supports TriNet, a U.S. public company that owns the Zenefits brand. TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At TriNet, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every single qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
A Brief Overview
The position provides support for medical and other health product incurred but not reported (IBNR) Reserve estimation. This role works with the actuary to provide necessary help to determine premium rates through research and study.
Bangalore, India (On-site)
What you will do
- Performing IBNR Reserve (Workers Compensation and/or medical, dental and vision) estimation and analysis with a high degree of accuracy and predictability to provide pricing strategy and to gain credibility and buy-in with external counterparts (such as public accounting firms, brokers and public company audit committee members) and internal executive team.
- Developing production of profitability forecasting models used in the corporate planning process
- Collaborating with the business areas to develop business strategies for states and lines of business
- Development of actuarial tools such as pricing and underwriting models to improve department efficiency and accuracy of delivering results and recommendations
- Development, maintenance, and control of actuarial statistics necessary for actuarial studies.
- Actuarial analysis of potential merger and acquisition targets. This consists of both profitability and reserve analysis and valuation.
- Analyzing rates and rating plans to provide key stakeholders analysis and recommendations regarding attaining or maintaining corporate profit and growth objectives. Provides research in the development of pricing strategy.
- Providing resource in such matters as capitalization quantification, optimization of capital utilization, enterprise risk management, reserving, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Math or related field required
- Typically 2+ years of actuarial experience, or equivalent combination of experience, internship and education required
- 1+ Actuarial Exam required
- 2+ Actuarial Exams preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Access and statistical packages such as SAS preferred but not required
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
Licenses and Certifications
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) Progression towards ASA/ACAS preferred
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable home or office setting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position may be considered remote and require reliable and consistent internet service.
- Position provides actuarial study time and actuarial exam passing grade compensation increases
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request such an accommodation.