At TriNet Zenefits, our mission is to level the playing field for the other 99.7%— the underserved small and mid-size businesses that fuel our economy. These businesses face challenges disproportionate to their size and resources. That’s why we provide an intuitive, mobile, all-in-one People Operations ("POPs") platform specifically built for small businesses and their employees.
TriNet Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management, design as well customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing engineering platforms unique to this space. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, Ember.js, and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as data storage and query over for large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/time , management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies TriNet Zenefits values.
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make highly impactful improvements to the business.
- Set direction for the team, anticipate strategic challenges via long-term planning.
- Highly collaborative with Product Management to plan, deliver and service features.
- Partner with recruiting to build a highly effective team.
- Communicate across teams and functions and drive engineering initiatives.
- Coach and mentor team members for their career growth.
What you'll bring:
- 10 years of professional software development experience.
- 3 years of managing high performance engineering teams.
- Exceptional coding skills using a web development language, Python preferred
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven success in leading engineering teams driven by business objectives.
Life at TriNet Zenefits:
As an equal opportunity employer, we’re leveling the playing field for everyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and champion an inclusive workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, how you think, or what you believe, all are encouraged to apply.