Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
The Engineering Ops team is a team that uses technology to take a toil out of tedious by necessary work faced by engineers or another stakeholder in Xendit. Some of our works are:
- Develop automation tools to provision new user accounts for new joiners and this tool is also used for removing or adjusting access when engineers leave the team or have a role change in Xendit.
- Develop system to control resources and access that engineers has based on the roles and teams.
- Build and maintaining data pipelines as well as the reporting in terms of business intelligence dashboard to help engineering team in Xendit understand their reliability performance and security posture.
- Develop automation scripts to create monthly engineering scorecards report for every engineering team in Xendit to make sure each team understand their performance every month so that they can be a better team from time to time.
Making Engineering Operations more efficient and effective.
Our main mission is to make Engineering Operations more efficient and effective. We are also supporting Engineering Org by providing clean reliability data to help every engineering team in Xendit understand their performance. Our scope and responsibilities in providing reliable data are influencing the decision of engineering's key stakeholders to drive Engineering Org.
- Automate engineering operational processes that can be automated.
- Suggest modifications to processes so that they can be automated
- Refactored, tested and documented code
- Delivered informative and actionable Engineering Reliability dashboards and scorecards
- Seeing smiles on the faces of engineers who use our tools
You may be a good fit if
- A fresh graduate in computer science or a field that requires writing software to achieve its goals or have about 1 year's experience as a junior software developer
- Curious about technology and how it may be applied to solve real-world problems
- Have written code that is regularly used by yourself or others
- Have interest to work with data visualization and data pipelines
- Have heard about Bob C. Martin and clean code (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EmboKQH8lM&t=3325s)
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, open and nurturing environment
- Experienced in Go, Python, and SQL
- Familiar with REST API
- Familiar with messaging system (NATS/Kafka/RabbitMQ)
- Familiar with microservices architecture
- Have experience work with data visualizations tools (Looker/Redash/Tableau/Metabase)
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.