Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Head of People
Give our people their best experience
Managing hiring and culture initiatives and helping our people grow
You’ll be working with our COO team to handle hiring and culture initiatives. You’ll be organizing culture events from end to end while also overseeing our hiring pipelines for Operations teams.
Help us be the fintech start-up of choice that puts forward innovation while executing hiring and culture initiatives for the Operations team at Xendit.
Manage hiring for Operations teams to ensure we get the best talent
- Coordinate with our recruitment team across the region to keep our hiring pipelines unblocked
- Source the best talent for our teams and conduct culture screens/interviews
- Track and monitor candidates throughout the entire hiring process
- Create documents for Operations team hires such as job descriptions, trial briefings, and senior onboarding briefs
Design SOPs and Policies relating to people management for the Operations teams
- Evaluate existing SOPs and Policies to make recommendations for improvement (e.g. standards for shift workers, levels for Ops etc.)
- Coordinate with Operations team leads to set KPIs / OKRs that will work across the Operations org
- Implement and monitor performance of Operations teams to evaluate effectiveness of KPIs/OKRs
Organize culture initiatives to strengthen and improve our company culture
- Coordinate with the wider people team to conduct research to understand where our culture can improve
- Brainstorm ideas for unique and engaging culture sessions
- Coordinate and execute events to strengthen team bonding such as the Operations Town Halls
Run training sessions to upskill Operations teams
- Conduct onboarding and basic comms training for new joiners
- Coordinate lunch and learn sessions to facilitate knowledge sharing across Operations teams
- Gather and analyze feedback to continuously improve training sessions
Do whatever it takes for Xendit to succeed
- People expertise gained in Indonesia, Philippines and/or Singapore
- People person - you’re energetic and thrive working with others
- 3 - 5 years experience in people management
- Comfortable with organizing and hosting events
- Have a great attention to details
- A passionate campaigner of good culture in the workplace
- Great writing and presentation skills
- Effectively manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high quality of work
- Are a creative hustler -- you might not have done it before, but you're willing to try something different to get it done
- Are an exceptional communicator and work well with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate ability to finish tasks and make reports quickly
- You thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.