Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Reporting to our Regional Head of Merchant Risk you would be part of the team that leads the planning and execution of our overall merchant risk and fraud prevention strategy to ensure our services are well protected and secure for our clients and their users.
You will develop, test and integrate predictive models and analytical tools to enable data-driven decisions on Merchant onboarding and transaction monitoring to mitigate fraud on our network.
- Develop models associated for fraud detection and prediction of suspicious activity.
- Proactively monitor anti-fraud performance to identify targeted areas for improvement.
- Identify, collect and process data required to support statistical analysis and Risk decision making
- Work closely with various teams to develop and optimize statistical fraud models.
- Design and implement performance reports and dashboards to communicate actionable insights to stakeholders
You may be a good fit if
- You have 3 - 5 years of experience in fraud monitoring and transaction monitoring
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Risk Management or other relevant subjects
- Hands on experience with data analysis tools such as Python, R, Preston, SQL and Data Visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Proficient in predictive analytics including experience in model development, validation, implementation and monitoring.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high quality of work
- Are a creative hustler -- you might not have done it before, but you're willing to try something different to get it done
- Are an exceptional communicator and work well with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate ability to finish tasks and make reports quickly
- You thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
It would be amazing if you also have
- Experience working in the payment industry
- Experience in fast growing companies
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.