About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
About the Team:
The Economics team is responsible for Worldcoin’s economic design. In our team, Economists, Computer Scientists and Data Scientists work together to rapidly design, build, and field-test incentive mechanisms that scale to thousands of Operators and more than a billion participants of the Worldcoin network. We partner with other teams across Worldcoin to advance our products (i.e., the Worldcoin app and World ID) and improve our market operations. We have earned a reputation for our hands-on approach, responsiveness, technical expertise, precision, and impactful solutions.
About the Opportunity:
You will be responsible for defining, creating and delivering several key Economics products from inception to MVP to roll-out in production. Example products include (1) reward schemes for Operators to incentivize high-quality sign-ups, (2) auctions to allocate contracts to Operators in a fair and efficient manner, and (3) surveys to better understand our user population. You will use a highly data-driven approach for your requirements analysis and to evaluate the impact and success of your products. You will do whatever it takes to ensure that the products are correctly implemented, tested, and successfully deployed in practice – this includes hands-on, operational contributions from yourself whenever necessary. Your work will directly impact operations in the field, shaping the mechanisms that are used at a global scale as part of Worldcoin's incentive design.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze the requirements of Worldcoin’s users and Operators and derive hypotheses for improving the economic design of our products and market operations
- Work closely with your key stakeholders across the Worldcoin organization (in particular Market Operations, Product, Legal, and Engineering) regarding the implementation of new mechanisms
- Take full ownership of your projects, plan them, manage them, execute them, and independently drive them to success
- Collaborate closely with experts on the Economics and Data Science team on the design of new economic mechanisms
- Analyze data yourself and together with data scientists to make data-driven decisions related to your projects
- 3+ years of experience in consulting at one of the top management consulting firms or a comparable role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field like computer science, data science, mathematics, business, economics, or similar, or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of experience working with data (e.g., using SQL, R, Python or similar)
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Radical end-to-end ownership
- Practically oriented and “getting-the-job-done” mindset
- Thriving in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment
- Each of the following is a plus: good understanding of economic concepts like game theory, auctions, etc.; project management experience; experience with statistical methods; basic understanding of blockchain technology