As a leading financial technology firm, we leverage cutting-edge technology to deliver liquidity to global markets as well as innovative, transparent trading solutions and industry standard-setting analytics tools to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Virtu offers a dynamic, meritocratic environment with a flat hierarchy. No finance background is necessary or expected. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to kick start a career in the financial technology space.
Our Software Development team creates powerful trading tools, which facilitate the operation of a high-performance system, deployed in financial marketplaces around the world. The Core Development team focuses on the design and evolution of our low latency trading platform, internal messaging infrastructure, and connectivity to external trading destinations.
- Mastery of C++ programming
- Extensive experience developing in a Linux environment
- Minimum 3 years of work experience preferred (talented graduates with advanced degrees will be considered)
- Experience in distributed and/or highly concurrent systems is a plus
- Experience in low-latency systems and/or high transaction environments is a plus
- Experience with databases is a plus
- Interest in trading and financial markets
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Smaller team environment managing systems trading millions of orders a day
- 25 days vacation per year
- Catered breakfast and lunch daily
- A fun, connected team environment with Virtu sponsored events throughout the year
- Large, private onsite gym and pilates studio, with work out and pilates classes daily
- Weekly yoga classes
- Laundry service
- Weekly massages