Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Our Financial Operations Analyst serves an integral function within the operation of our global operations and accounting functions. They work closely with senior officers to improve the efficiency of the firm's financial operations, liaise with external audit teams, prepare financial reports, and manage day to day accounting functions (e.g. cash flow, daily reconciliations, trial balances, expense allocation, etc.).
- Work closely with the senior accounting officers including Chief Financial Officer and Controller
- Month-end close process which includes (but not limited to) revenue reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, and expense analysis
- Assist in the preparation of external reporting obligations including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, X-17a-5
- Understand and optimize the day-to-day aspects of financial operations
- Successful candidates will become intimately familiar with trade floor operations in an effort to improve operational efficiency and work on ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree or above in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (or in the process of obtaining the license)
- 2 - 3 years of experience within the financial services sector
- Prior experience at public accounting firms preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Strong SAT and/or GMAT scores