Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Our Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF) Block Trading desk is a globally integrated team of traders, pricing analyst and operations support that provide liquidity to hundreds of clients worldwide across multiple asset classes.
Our ETF Data Analysts work closely with our traders and ETF issuers to understand products and pricing methodologies. Analysts in this role will use cutting edge tooling to build on-time, accurate, fair value models for our traders that price funds in many assets including commodities, equities, fixed income, as well as emerging asset classes like cryptocurrencies. Our ideal candidate is driven to dig in and solve problems, loves data cleaning and developing models that deliver the best results for our trading desk.
Our ETF Data Analysts are a critical function of our ETF trading team. This is an excellent opportunity to become an ETF evaluation expert, make important contributions to the operations of our firm each day and join a fast-paced desk in a growing area of the financial services industry.
- Excellent academic background. All subjects welcome but candidates with Data Science, Data Analytics or Actuarial degrees or related fields are a plus. Strong graduates will be considered.
- Programming experience is preferred (Python, SQL, Java or C++ are a plus)
- Highly detail-oriented problem solver that is driven by precision in their results
- Ability to complete time-sensitive work by deadlines
- A physicalizer; a person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction or fanfare
- The ability to communicate information precisely
- Highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team
- Team player: authentic, genuine person who is capable of working towards collective goals
- No finance background is necessary but an interest in finance is a strong preference.
After an initial resume screening, select applicants will receive an online programming-skills test via email. This is to gain an understanding of candidate coding abilities. The sender will be Codility, a third-party evaluation service we employ, so please be sure to monitor your inbox/spam folder. Following that, successful candidates will be contacted for a phone interview. We look forward to learning more about you.
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.