Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
The Virtu Legal and Compliance team are looking for a self-driven Technical Compliance Analyst to join the firm. This analyst will play an important role in shaping Virtu’s compliance technology through analytical thinking and a desire to improve upon existing processes. The role will require proactive project management, managing multiple deadlines and engaging with multiple teams within the organization to effectively drive compliance projects.
The Technical Compliance Analyst works closely with traders and technologists in reviewing the issues and documenting corrective actions. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator and be able to work with all levels of management. A successful candidate will be a physicalizer; a person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction or fanfare. The candidate will be a highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist in trade surveillance and compliance reviews.
- Assist in automating tasks to improve efficiency of supervisory processes.
- Develop analytical tools for the Legal and Compliance department.
- Serve as a resource to partners in the business, risk, technology, finance, legal and human resources to facilitate business needs.
- Learn about the regulatory framework for broker-dealers and provide necessary guidance to traders and technologists.
- Assist in implementing compliance training programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Business, Economics or Finance.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries for data analysis. Experience with Python programming is a plus.
- Self-motivated/quick learner who is process oriented, analytical and has strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to handle various projects simultaneously, adapt to changes in project direction and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and with the ability to influence and challenge across all level within the organization.
NOTE: We are looking to hire for this role in either New York City OR Austin, Texas.