Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Internal Audit works closely with various departments across the firm – operations, technology and finance – in an effort to maintain and support the ongoing integrity of the Company’s control environment. The candidate will be involved in all phases of the Company’s ongoing SOX compliance and Internal Audit functions from planning to reporting. They will be responsible to conduct periodic meetings/walkthroughs with process owners to ensure any changes to processes are documented and properly assessed for control gaps. The candidate will be a proactive individual that will help develop and enhance documentation and testing standards. They will be a key contact for process owners and the external auditors for any control related matters.
- 3-5 years of public audit experience (Big 4 Preferred)
- Knowledge and experience of internal control frameworks (e.g. COSO, 17a-5) and audit concepts within the broker-dealer/financial services industry
- Strong documentation skills, ability to complete process narratives and flowcharts of financial and IT process controls
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, organizational and time management skills
- Highly motivated individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently within a team for a collective goal
- Strong interpersonal skills (oral and written), as candidate must be able to work and communicate with individuals at all levels across the organization
- Stays current to changes in regulatory guidance, industry best practices and areas of focus/hot topics for external audits.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
** This is a great opportunity for an individual with a unique combination of skills. We will consider candidates with diverse backgrounds, as long as they have the essential qualifications.