Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Our Financial Systems Development team creates powerful trading tools, which facilitate all trading stages of our high-performance system, deployed in financial marketplaces around the world. The Financial Systems development team builds the internal tools and technologies that run Virtu’s pre and post trade systems. These internal tools are critical for all trading operations, finance processes, compliance and risk management associated with each trade processed.
We are looking for a self-directed, motivated developer with a good foundation of advanced technologies and programming to join our team. Our FS developer will proactively gather and analyze functional requirements to enhance existing systems and develop new software applications used in our financial and pre/post trading platforms. The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing the development, implementation and testing of new features for complex software applications while monitoring day-to-day operation of the production systems and perform proactive and reactive system maintenance.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Mastery of Java or C++
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience in Python is a plus.
- Experience in web technologies a plus.
- Extensive experience developing in a Linux environment is a plus.
- Experience in distributed and/or highly concurrent systems is a plus.
- Experience in low-latency systems and/or high transaction environments is a plus.
- Experience in Oracle RDBMS a plus
- Interest in trading and financial markets.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Talented graduates will be considered.
** This is a great opportunity for an individual with a unique combination of skills. We will consider candidates with diverse backgrounds, as long as they have the essential qualifications.