We are looking for a (Senior) Data Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Data Engineering team to transform the company's operations to become a data-powered organization and drive efficiency. The Data Team is focused on progressing complex, affecting data, and building & maintaining the Data Warehouse for the Urban Sports Group. Impact here drives millions of euros of value for the business: from building our data backbone to crafting scalable, production models and APIs and generating actionable insights which can change the competitive landscape.
We're an agile team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers comprising Platforms, Analytics, and Data Products. We drive value by helping Urban Sports Club’s businesses, systems, and people to make better decisions faster. We want to attract and train our engineers, data scientists, and product managers and build a team that provides you with the most productive and challenging time of your career.
- Model and build data solutions to support Urban Sports Club’s growing international business.
- Design, implement and extend an enterprise data warehouse that will support our company's commitment to analytics and data-driven business philosophy.
- Develop and maintain ETL processing pipelines for the DWH to create the base for analytical / machine learning workflows.
- Communicate with different teams regarding company coding and quality standards.
- Extract data from various databases, third-party tools, and APIs, e.g. Google Analytics (BigQuery), Google AdWords, Adjust, PostgreSQL, MySQL amongst others.
- Contribute to presentations, documentation, and other knowledge-sharing bases to promote best practices and tech. stack recommendations.
What you need to succeed
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, economics, engineering or similar background with working experience
- Good knowledge of SQL and RDBMS
- experience with column-oriented databases and optimization techniques thereof (preferably GCP BigQuery).
- Experience with distributed job schedulers (preferably Airflow/ Jenkins).
- Good knowledge of an object-oriented language (preferably Python or Java), as well as knowledge of Linux platforms and scripting capabilities (bash/zsh).
- You are a team player, pay attention to details, and love to think outside the box.
- Good communication skills in English
Our offer to you
- We’re working in hybrid mode offering you flexibility to work onsite and from home
- WorkOUT Life Balance: 30 days paid vacation per year, flexible working hours, free access to our Employee Assistance Program, plus up to 3 months of remote working from anywhere in the EU, desk swap policy allowing additional remote working time from our other European offices
- Regular team events and other initiatives helping employees to stay productive, healthy and engaged during hybrid mode
- Personal development perks including an annual budget for books and online trainings, regular internal trainings, German and English language classes
- Many additional perks including: choice of computer/technology, dog-friendly workplace, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses, private pension with employer contribution, and more
- A free Urban Sports Club L Pro Membership
Urban Sports Club is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who applies for a position or already works with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).