Fancy joining a team where your expertise will shape the future of sports and wellness? Then Urban Sports Club is just the place for you.
We're so much more than just a sports aggregator platform. We're on a mission to disrupt the way people connect with sports, and we do it with a mix of creativity, passion, and a whole lot of tech. We're in the exciting process of developing a game-changing SaaS solution, and our cloud infrastructure is the heart of it all.
As our Staff Cloud Security Engineer, you'll be the guardian of our cloud universe. Your work will go beyond just securing our cloud infrastructure. You'll ensure that millions of sports enthusiasts across Europe can safely enjoy their favorite activities. And you won't be doing it alone. You'll be part of a diverse and dynamic team, working together to solve problems, innovate, and have fun.
You'll have the opportunity to lead and influence our cloud security initiatives. Here, we value your ideas and your drive. And when it comes to tech and sports, it's your unique vision that will make the difference.
Ready to join us on this thrilling journey? Put on your helmet because we're about to revolutionize the sports experience. Let's make the fitness and wellness worlds safer, more fun, and more accessible together!
- Cloud Architecture Review: Review and assess cloud architecture designs and provide security recommendations to ensure the infrastructure and applications are hardened against abuse and nefarious activity
- Cloud Security Strategy: Collaborate closely with the SRE team as a security SME, ensuring the implementation of effective security measures that support their objective of delivering scalable on-demand infrastructure. Prioritize security impact while adhering to DevSecOps principles.
- Security Assessments: Conduct regular security assessments and audits of cloud environments to identify vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and potential risks. This includes performing penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and security code reviews.
- Security Collaboration: Mentor and collaborate with development and operations teams regarding cloud security best practices, secure coding techniques, and data protection measures. Your goal is to upskill our organization.
- Security Controls: Implement security controls to prevent misconfigurations of cloud resources and enhance security observability by enforcing best practices for cloud infrastructure.
What you need to succeed
- Deep understanding of the modern security landscape.
- Extensive experience in implementing security frameworks and compliance practices in a cloud-native environment (we run in GCP).
- Strong software engineering skills, including experience with secure coding practices and familiarity with common programming languages such as Python or Go.
- Expertise in container security, CI/CD pipelines, and other DevSecOps practices.
Our offer to you
- We’re working in hybrid mode offering you flexibility to work onsite and from home
- WorkOUT Life Balance: 30 days paid vacation per year, flexible working hours, free access to our Employee Assistance Program, plus up to 3 months of remote working from anywhere in the EU, desk swap policy allowing additional remote working time from our other European offices
- Regular team events and other initiatives helping employees to stay productive, healthy and engaged during hybrid mode
- Personal development perks including an annual budget for books and online trainings, regular internal trainings, German and English language classes
- A free Urban Sports Club L Pro Membership
Urban Sports Club is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who applies for a position or already works with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).