We are looking for a goal-oriented and self-motivated Senior Mobile Engineer to join our team in Berlin or Amsterdam. As a Senior Mobile Software Engineer, you will join a dynamic team of Engineers who share a passion for technology and for providing the best experience possible to our members. In this role, you will become a part of the Urban Sports Club core development team responsible for designing and developing complex mobile applications and new features for our platform.
Urban Sports Club engineers are smart, flexible and great problem solvers. We follow software development best practices to build a well-specified, scalable product based on strongly modularized architecture, automated testing, and frequent deployment. Join our team and help us continue to inspire people to lead an active and healthy life!
- Develop new features in React Native and improve existing features in the Urban Sports Club app
- Take ownership of our app development, architecture, and API integration
- Conceive, design, and engineer mobile strategies to ensure the Urban Sports Club app remains a dynamic, reliable, and effortless tool for members as we scale
- Partner with QA to identify and resolve application code-related issues, and collaborate on automated testing strategy using Jest.
- Collaborate with and challenge your fellow developers to generate new ideas and innovative solutions that will best serve the USC members
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You have a combined 4+ years of experience writing high-quality web and mobile applications, adhering to best practices in functional programming, component-driven development, design patterns, clean code, and testing.
- You have experience with React.js, React Native and ideally TypeScript.
- You are able to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery pipelines for React Native applications.
- You thrive in a fast-paced release-focused environment with the focus on delivering quickly and efficiently, and then iterating continuously
- Your communication skills in English allow you to express technical concepts to stakeholders clearly and convincingly no matter their professional background
OUR OFFER TO YOU
- Until we have beat this pandemic, we’re working in hybrid mode where we encourage you to work from home, while still giving you the possibility to meet colleagues to collaborate onsite
- The opportunity to have a measurable impact within an innovative and performance-driven company, further shaping how people find and enjoy their favourite sport
- “Workout. Life. Balance.” Life happens, and work can’t always come first. We support you in finding a way to balance the two
- An autonomous work environment that embraces ownership, where everyone's opinion is equally valuable. Whether you’re an Intern or an Executive, we want to hear your ideas
- Regular digital team events and other initiatives helping employees to stay productive, healthy and engaged during hybrid mode
- Many additional perks including: choice of computer/technology, dog friendly workplace, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses, and more
- A free Urban Sports Club L Membership (even during lockdown with our live online classes!)
Urban Sports Club is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).