At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 40% of all food produced in the world is wasted and retailers lose between 1-3% of their annual sales due to food waste, all of this waste has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste.
The Retail Technologies teams at Too Good To Go are working on our new software solution, the Too Good To Go Platform, used directly by Retailers to track and redistribute surplus food seamlessly. This B2B app, connected to our consumer marketplace, helps stores better manage expiry dates by; detecting products that are about to expire, recommending what to do with them, and facilitating their redistribution (via discounting for in-store customers, donations to charities, or sales on the marketplace). This business app is already used by tens of thousands of store employees every day, and soon to be hundreds of thousands by the end of the year in several countries.
We’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste, so alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions - such as our Retail Technologies offering, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 86 million registered users and 209,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already prevented 294+ million meals from going to waste - avoiding over 735,000 tonnes of CO2e!
As a Senior Product Analyst in the Retail Tech Product team, your mission is to provide analytical and product expertise to ensure that we are continuously delivering value to our Retailer Partners and to our business. You will analyse various types of data sets in order to deliver high-level insights and actionable recommendations, and work with prototyping new concepts and means of utilising data as a value-add.
In particular, you will have to:
- Partner with Product Managers to drive strategy based on insights from analyses and experiments
- Conduct quantitative research to uncover opportunities and insights relevant for your product team
- Setup, run and document experiments on features and ideas
- Establish, and monitor common metrics that align with team goals and product strategy
- Ensure features are tracked, tested and documented
- Ensure that the product team understands and has access to the metrics and insights from your analysis.
- Ensure all stakeholders, including those outside of your immediate team are well informed about relevant insights and experiments
The Ideal candidate
- Established background in a data related product role, i.e. Senior Product or Data Analyst/Scientist
- Experience working with big data in SQL and Python
- Experience handling basic automations, calling API’s etc. in Python
- Experience with Amplitude, Mixpanel, Looker or similar is a plus
- Experience with instrumenting tracking
- Sound knowledge of conducting experiments and forming hypotheses
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Technical curiosity - we want you to be comfortable asking questions - we encourage a mindset to ‘dig deeper’
- Experience handling data in the food retail industry is a plus
What we offer
- Develop and maintain the backbone of our Retail Technologies solution, which will be used by 1000s of retailers every day, to support them in their efforts to combat food waste, positively impact their sales and reach an even bigger audience
- An opportunity to work in a global social-impact company and certified B Corporation! where you can see a real and tangible impact in your role.
- To be an integral member of our defined product teams. We are eager for you to make an impact and contribute to the product scope and development; Your insights are valuable, and we are here to listen.
- Work-life balance is important to us! Focus on the job to be done, not the hours spent, there is no need for overtime. On-call duty is not part of the job, but can be additionally agreed upon should you and your manager both wish it. We believe happy environments, create happy employees.
- We trust in our employees and encourage an autonomous environment that provides several opportunities for employees to contribute, develop and take ownership of their work in a way that works for them.
- To be part of an international company, with over 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- We are a fun bunch of ~100 colleagues in the Paris office.
- We work from the office on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- We win together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we win together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-TC1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.