At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at a significantly reduced price. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 83 million registered users and 206.000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 276 million meals from going to waste.
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Sales Specialist to join us in Zurich and help grow our impact across the German Speaking part of Switzerland.
You're eager to build connections and grow our community by signing up cafes, convenience stores, bakeries, and any other independent food retailers. You’re the first contact person of the store and will be doing a lot of cold acquisition, primarily on the phone, email and in person visits. You will introduce potential partners to the world of Too Good To Go, train them how to use the app and advise them on finding the best possible solution for food waste. You will work with the team to research the market to find interesting prospects, identify decision-makers and generate interest in Too Good To Go.
What we need:
- Expert relationship builders who can quickly connect and empathise with potential partners (restaurants, convenience stores, bakeries and more)
- Confident cold-callers - we are heavily reliant on making outreach over the phone so you need be ready to make high volumes of calls
- Excellent listeners and communicators who know how to ask the right questions to identify a prospects needs while also presenting our proposition with clarity and passion
- Proactive business development, calling and visiting new prospects, with the tenacity to succeed even when things get a little tough
- Team players, who embrace the overall purpose of Too Good To Go and are ready to embody our values to be passionate, growth-minded, resourceful and creative
- Independent executors, who can prioritise workload while communicating clearly and openly with their manager
- Consistent and impact-focused performance that hits individual and company targets
- Willingness to travel to build Too Good To Go’s presence across the region
What you should have:
We are looking for people who are looking to build a career in sales in a supportive and high growth social impact business. This could be your first sales role, or you may have some initial experience already in a sales or business development role. We’re looking for:
- First experience in sales where you have pitched and closed opportunities over the phone and/or in person is beneficial, especially if you have done cold-calling
- Fluency in Swiss German (C2) with a strong command in English
- First class communication skills - from listening to presenting ideas and persuading
- Strong connection to hotels, cafés, restaurants and ability to quickly create a network of partners that could join our marketplace
- Resilience and motivation to achieve results through perseverance and high call volumes
- A genuine motivation to contribute to our mission
- High energy and self-motivation
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- A drive to achieve strong individual results while also helping your team succeed
- Experience managing your own sales pipeline and prioritising prospects based on insights is also beneficial
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices, at home or abroad
- Extra parental leave and days off beyond local legislation and the option to take an extra week of unpaid leave
- Health insurance and pension plans (subject to country of employment).
- Additional days off for significant life events
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events like summer and winter parties
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens
- Get to know our community with a monthly free Surprise Bag
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
How to apply:
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.