THIS IS US
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people e-scooters, e-bikes, e-mopeds and other sustainable modes of transport, TIER helps cities to reduce their dependence on cars and move towards a zero-emission future. Founded in 2018, TIER employs more than 1,000 people and operates in 170+ cities across 18 countries in Europe and the Middle East.
With a $2 billion valuation, TIER has raised a total of $660 million in equity and debt funding to date, backed by prestigious investors like SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
TIER is at the forefront of the sustainable transport revolution in one of the fastest growing industries. We’d love for you to join the ride.
Tier's vision is to lead the way towards seamless and sustainable mobility - joyful for everyone. Together with public and private organizations, we rethink urban transportation and reshape our cities’ landscapes by offering easy-accessible and affordable mobility services.
The Tier Maintenance and Reliability Engineering team is the "F1 Pit Crew" of the e-microbility world and arguably the most intelligent team in Tier - comprised of passionate and fast thinking engineers, mechanics and technicians. The team plays a highly significant and hands-on role to ensure that all Tier vehicles are safe and reliable for everyone to enjoy a fun and sustainable ride! And yes, we have a cool uniform.
- Research and development of new tools or modify existing tooling to improve the warehouse repair processes of Tier’s vehicles, while considering the safety of the facility and employees
- Create tooling specifications/ requirements and document the development process
- Design and create CAD models and detailed drawings of custom tools to assist with the repairs of e-scooter, e-bikes and e-mopeds
- Document operating procedures for new tools/equipment and train mechanics on new processes and the maintenance and repair of tools
- Manage the content creation and drawings standards in the MRE team to ensure effective and efficient drawing practices
- Ensure the design for manufacturing (DFM) principles are applied in the tool and equipment design process
- Review tool and equipment (custom and off-the-shelf) performance and impact on improvement to warehouse efficiency, costs and safety
- Certification of custom tooling in Europe(Germany)
Qualifications and Experience
- Apprenticeship or certificate in tool/product design, machine and plant engineering, or Mechanical Engineering - degree is not mandatory but beneficial
- 1-2 years as a tool or equipment designer
- Proficient in CAD modelling software- preferably Solidworks and Fusion 360
- Familiar with MS Office / G-Suite (Word, Sheets etc.)
- Simulation experience (not mandatory)
- You are able to work in a high-pressure environment with competing demands, adapt to changing priorities and process continuously changing information
- Your communication skills are excellent (written and verbal) in English
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
- Enjoy amazing views at our centrally located office at Potsdamer Platz, with a variety of different restaurants and great transport connections
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!