THIS IS US
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people e-scooters, e-bikes, e-mopeds and other sustainable modes of transport, TIER helps cities to reduce their dependence on cars and move towards a zero-emission future. Founded in 2018, TIER employs more than 1,000 people and operates in 170+ cities across 18 countries in Europe and the Middle East.
With a $2 billion valuation, TIER has raised a total of $660 million in equity and debt funding to date, backed by prestigious investors like SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
TIER is at the forefront of the sustainable transport revolution in one of the fastest growing industries. We’d love for you to join the ride.
- Build up and lead TIER’s in-house expertise and policy strategy on environmental, urban and transport planning topics
- Monitor and shape EU and national policy on topic including sustainable mobility, climate and environmental policy, active travel and transport policy.
- Support all of TIER’s markets in shaping the regulatory environment on these policy areas; with particular focus on enabling the markets to proactively engage in and influence policies at national and local level relating to active travel, urban planning, environmental and climate policy, and public investment into sustainable and people-centred mobility.
- Work closely with TIER’s CEO, Head of Sustainability, and Thought Leadership team to build up TIER’s thought leadership and impact leadership in these policy areas. This includes acting as a sparring partner to TIER’s CEO and sustainability leadership, as well as working closely to build up TIER’s thought leadership strategy and positioning.
- Work with TIER’s in-house research team and/or external research partners on research projects that will help shape TIER’s policy position on the topics of environmental and transport policy, and help regulators in these fields make informed policy decisions.
- Represent TIER externally at conferences, in the media, and other thought leadeship engagements on the topics and policy areas this role focuses on.
- Scope and drive strategic partnerships that support the environmental and transport policy strategy and thought leaderships trategy that you will build, in this role.
- Work cross-functionally and with other central departments to embed environmental and transport policy priorities into organisational decision making, investments, and solution development.
- Work with the public policy teams in the countries where TIER is active or expanding to, to build action plans and solutions for optimally supporting the sustainability/ sustainable mobility/ active travel or other sustainable mobility goals of their cities and national governments.
- Establish tools, including best practices, toolkits, frameworks, and policy positions that will enable and empower the markets to be ambassadors of environment- and people-centric transport and urban planning in every country where TIER operates.
- Be the key touch point and sparring partner for our Head of Sustainability on all ESG-related policy topics.
- Form part of the cross-functional sustainability working group, led by our Head of Sustainability
- Support in Sustainability materiality assessment, gap and SWOT analysis within the public policy department
- A minimum of 5-7 years relevant professional experience, with roles in active travel planning or policy, transport planning and/ or policy, urban planning, environmental and/or climate policy or similar.
- Undergraduate and/or a Master’s degree in public policy, urban or transport planning, environmental or climate policy, environmental economics, international relations or similar.
- Experience working at EU level, or with multinational organisations, national ministries of environment or transport, local transport and/ or environmental planning, or urban, transport, and/ or environmental policy consulting.
- Strong thought leadership skills and a passion for building compelling narratives and external positioning. A background or experience in communications is a plus.
- Experience working with EU or national government stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills and a keen ability to identify and solve problems
- Experienced and comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders - both internally and externally; and comfortable acting as a a critical friend and sparring partner to stakeholders at all levels.
- An affinity for working with data and using data to build compelling narratives, feed into strategy-development, and contribute to research.
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent personal time- and prioritisation-management skills
- Native-level fluency in English is a must. Fluency in German, French or another European language is a plus, but not essential.
- Creative, dynamic and able to think outside the box
- Thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Bring an attitude of compassion, collaboration, and a desire to strive for excellence.
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to see the bigger and longer term picture, and build roadmaps for achieving that bigger picture.
- Eagerness and enjoyment working on projects that cover a wide spectrum of policy-related topics related to environmental and transport policy
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment and in multiple teams simultaneously.
- Experience in research a plus
The Public Policy Team
Our team has a wide range of experience from NGOs and the public sector to start-ups and Fortune 500 companies. But we all have one thing in common: We are a group of highly committed, mission-driven professionals that care about the cities and world we operate in. We are the relationship makers and bridge builders between TIER, governments and civil society organizations helping the whole company live our mission to Change Mobility for Good. We strive for excellence in all that we do, from winning tenders, to helping governments develop smart and innovation-enabling regulation, to ambitious sustainability initiatives. Our spirit of cooperation ensures we are a team that supports and motivates each other, every step of the way.