THIS IS US
Basically we're changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We're on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, +140 cities have chosen us across 15 markets. More than +950 people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
Permanent employee, Full-time
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Own part of the data strategy with regards to enabling analytics and engineering teams to deliver best-in-class data ingestion, storage and accessibility for all stakeholders
- Drive strategic decisions around our Data Platform
- Manage three engineering teams consisting of ML Engineering, Data Engineering and Analytics Platform that all own a core part of TIER's data platform
- Drive data governance and quality standards across TIER and strive to make those measurable
- Accountable for data architecture, performance, availability, monitoring, and security in collaboration with central engineering infrastructure team
- Mentor, hire and develop high performing data, analytics and software engineers
- Work closely with different Data Analytics groups to enable them to build and deliver game-changing insights and data products at scale
- Leading, mentoring, training and supporting data teams
- Working on scalability of data analytics infrastructure
- Driving our Data Lake strategy and it's implementation
- Designing best practices for big data processing, data modelling and put in place data quality monitoring and assurances
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have successfully delivered data lakes used organisation-wide
- Experience running Agile methodology and applying Agile to data engineering
- Have 8+ years of proven industry experience, with 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams with a focus on data processing at scale
- You like to dive into the details but are also a great communicator with senior stakeholder management experience
- Expertise in Kafka, AWS Glue, Spark and MPP Warehouses
- Experience with big data architectures and data modelling to efficiently process large volumes of data and bring some learnings in real-time analytics use cases
- You've worked with cloud-based engineering environments e.g. AWS, GCP
- You have experience in hiring and building high-performance engineering teams
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAM
We are a diverse team of Data Engineers, Analytics Engineers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists helping TIER advance in all things data. We are from 10 different nations and like to geek out on different data stacks and technologies. We strive to build great data infrastructure and enable teams across TIER to take data-informed decisions.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
- Enjoy amazing views at our centrally located office at Potsdamer Platz, with a variety of different restaurants and great transport connections
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!