THIS IS US
Basically we're changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We're on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, +140 cities have chosen us across 15 markets. More than +950 people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
Permanent employee, Full-time
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
Tier is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our hardware team. The role provides a vital cross-disciplinary bridge ensuring that the needs of the project are executed correctly. Systems engineer starts his journey with a project forming solid product requirements from all stakeholders and converting them to specifications and distributing them to the relevant engineering disciplines. A good systems engineer wears many ‘hats’ throughout the project successfully progressing through the product development cycle.
These will be your responsibilities
- Requirements elicitation and management of inputs from all stakeholders, ensuring a proper change order process is in place to avoid scope creep.
- Holistically defining complex technical systems and its specifications, communicating and working close with the technical teams and SME.
- Driving good documentation and spectication practices, ensuring easy handover of work to suppliers, outsourcing partners and manufacturers
- Ensuring product is properly tested, owing the V&V activity including test planning, executing and co-ordinating testing and feeding back those results to the team.
- Work closely with NPI, Supply Chain, Quality and Reliability teams to align on project timelines to bring our products to market.
- Help shape the future strategy of TIER’s multimodal hardware platform.
You’re offering these qualifications and experience
- 3+ years’ experience in hardware product development, ideally with multiple delivered products in a medium to high volume industry.
- Familiarity with software and hardware development, for example, the product development V-Model.
- Strong understanding of micro-mobility / transportation vehicle systems
- Strong background in engineering, or evidence of equivalent experience and exceptional skills.
- Develop testing strategies and execute testing of complex systems and products.
- Organised, systematic, and understands the process of fault finding.
- Demonstrable ability to understand complex development projects and identify critical elements.
- Ability to present technical information clearly and concisely, enabling management to make informed decisions.
- Strong knowledge of Jira or equivalent Project Tracking Software System.
- Ability to produce formal documentation to a very high standard.
- Proven background in high pressured, time critical customer facing Systems or Project Engineering roles.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
- Enjoy amazing views at our centrally located office at Potsdamer Platz, with a variety of different restaurants and great transport connections
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!