THIS IS US
Basically we're changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We're on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, +140 cities have chosen us across 15 markets. More than +950 people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
Permanent employee, Full-time
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Help your team to build an application that powers hundreds of thousands of vehicles and serves millions of customer.
- Deliver features every day in a fully automated CI/CD setup.
- Constantly improve availability, reduce latency and sustain the load.
- Working with international and interdisciplinary teams from various backgrounds such as design, product management, business and backend.
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have 5+ years of relevant industry experience in backend development using NodeJS or in frontend development.
- You have at least 1 year experience in React (preferably) or any other JS frontend framework.
- You have an understanding of Zero-Downtime deployment/migration strategies.
- You are familiar with design patterns used to build resilient distributed systems.
- You are passionate about creating a valuable human-centered product which is more than just “doing the job".
- You have an open-minded personality and like to communicate with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in TDD.
- Plus: You have some experience in Android development or you are willing to learn!
- Plus: You have some experience in GraphQL or you are willing to learn.
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAM
You will be joining the Product Engineering teams enabling Operational Excellence at TIER. We empower multiple users across our global markets to monitor the state of our fleet, steer the tasks happening on the ground, and extract the insights needed in order to ensure an outstanding service for our customers and cities. We focus on maximizing service availability, operational efficiency, and fleet lifespan. You will be at the driving wheel of new projects in Ops; working with highly motivated teammates in cross-functional teams, to solve tough problems for our rangers, mechanics, and operation managers. We strive to be a reference team within TIER, continuously delivering reliable and scalable solutions, through fast-paced collaboration and a strong mindset towards experimentation, lean development, and quality-first - all while having fun!
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!