THIS IS US
Basically we're changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We're on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, +140 cities have chosen us across 15 markets. More than +950 people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
Permanent employee, Full-time
As the public policy manager Germany you will be responsible for engaging cities and building relationships, ensuring that TIER delivers on its commitments as a partner to cities. As an integral part of the team supporting TIER’s ongoing expansion in Germany you will be responsible for working closely with our stakeholders and city teams, building and nurturing relationships with cities, national and local regulators, and sensitive interest groups.
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Monitor regulation, public discourse, and challenges our business could face as the public policy landscape in Germany evolves
- Execute proactive public policy strategies to address regulatory or other public policy challenges and topics
- Proactively work to protect TIER from regulatory threats, and lobby for regulation that enables innovation in the industry
- Support local teams on their expansion in Germany by building relationships to local and national regulators
- Support the identification, engagement and management of stakeholders on municipal, political and national level, as well as in associations and NGOs
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders at national and local level, in collaboration with the Public Policy Manager DACH and regional managers.
- Contribute to any relevant tenders or other official procurement activities in Germany
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in lobbying, politics, government or public affairs, consulting, or similar
- Proven success in the lobbying and policy sector and experience from relevant organisation types, with preference for corporate, political institution, or agency experience.
- Strong network in, and understanding of the German political system and the flows of influence and decision making
- Excellent strategic capabilities and long-term planning
- Native German language skills are essential. Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Creative and thoughtful problem solver who is open to new ideas and approaches
- Confident, charismatic, and capable of transmitting thoughts in a concise, diplomatic, but assertive manner; especially when engaging senior and political stakeholders
- Thrive in a fast pace, independent and entrepreneurial rapid-growth environment
- Network and experience in mobility sector a plus
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
- Enjoy amazing views at our centrally located office at Potsdamer Platz, with a variety of different restaurants and great transport connections
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!