Since launching in 2011, THE ICONIC has redefined the future of retail in Australia and New Zealand. As the leading fashion, sports and lifestyle e-commerce destination in the region, our e-commerce platforms (Retail, Marketplace and Services) provide a seamless and inspiring end-to-end customer experience.
Scalable solutions, exciting challenges, and a direct impact on more than 5 million customers. This is engineering at THE ICONIC.
Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with millions of active sessions it’s guaranteed you’re going to get first-hand feedback from customers on the code you deploy!
Our agile engineering team is responsible for building the technology, features, and experiences our customers are obsessed with. We are on a mission to bring on the future of shopping!
What you’ll do
- Build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support the timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Set and execute the engineering strategy for your domain in line with broader technical and business strategy
- Advocate and advance modern, Agile practices and help develop and evangelise broader engineering and organisational practices
- Grow a diverse, psychologically safe, healthy, collaborative engineering culture
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and designers to solve challenging problems that affect all people at THE ICONIC
- Architect and implement learning and training programs that align our team's abilities with technical strategies
What we are looking for
- Experience tailoring individual coaching plans based on a person's skills, attributes, and career objectives – giving feedback, setting goals and challenging their team to meet them
- Experience gathering metrics and translating them into strategic initiatives that deliver performance and engagement uplifts
- Strategic mindset that is flexible, realistic and goal-oriented.
- Experience applying agile and lean principles to solve problems at any scale
- Software engineering background
- Demonstrated track record of executing upon a strategic vision and collaborating with leadership and peers
- Experience fostering a high performing team culture and driving team engagement
Ways to stand out from the crowd
- Experience working across our tech stack. You understand a spectrum of technologies at varying degrees of expertise. We use Node, React, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with A/B tests and using data-driven decision making to validate initiatives
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
From our ways of working to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! People are our greatest asset and our ICONITE experience is designed to empower you to do your best work. Here’s what to expect when you join THE ICONIC:
- The learning collective. Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons, EdCast and access to LinkedIn Learning and Udemy
- Parents at THE ICONIC. Access to our parental leave program and an extra day off for your kids' first day of school every year
- Birthday leave. Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and an ICONIC voucher to treat yourself
- Curate your style. No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- People & Planet Positive: From our ethical sourcing and sustainability strategies to our community engagement and diversity, our responsibility is multifaceted, and each of these facets are equally important.
- Wellbeing. Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- People first. Access our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family.
- Volunteer days. Work as a Charity Partner with Thread Together for society and environmental change.
- Furry friend. We are a dog friendly office for anyone who wants to bring their fur baby to work.
- Refer a friend. Enjoy a $4,000 referral reward for successfully referring someone to THE ICONIC.
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: email@example.com