Since launching in 2011, THE ICONIC has redefined the future of retail in Australia and New Zealand. As the leading fashion, sports and lifestyle e-commerce destination in the region, our e-commerce platforms (Retail, Marketplace and Services) provide a seamless and inspiring end-to-end customer experience.
Scalable solutions, exciting challenges, and a direct impact on more than 5 million customers. This is engineering at THE ICONIC.
Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with millions of active sessions it’s guaranteed you’re going to get first-hand feedback from customers on the code you deploy!
Our agile engineering team is responsible for building the technology, features, and experiences our customers are obsessed with. We are on a mission to bring on the future of shopping!
What you will do
- Lead software projects to develop our cutting-edge e-commerce platform
- Work in an agile environment to develop a best-in-market experience for THE ICONIC customers
- Work on complex architectural and technical problems
- Write and maintain clean and well-tested code
- Deploy microservices using infrastructure as code technologies, CI/CD (Bamboo), Terraform
- Work on distributed systems at scale with high traffic workloads
- Collaborate with other software engineers and stakeholders in your team to build and maintain APIs in our microservices architecture (Kubernetes)
What we are looking for
- Experience leading agile and lean software engineering teams
- Excellent understanding of fundamental engineering concepts - SOLID principles, clean code, design patterns, testing
- In-depth knowledge of scalable SaaS cloud solution services such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with RDBMS databases (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, etc) and NoSQL solutions (Redis, DynamoDb, etc.)
- Expertise in PHP
- Good experience with unit testing frameworks such as Jest
- Experience with automated deployments (CI/CD)
Ways to stand out from the crowd
- Exposure to Docker in production (Kubernetes, EKS)
- Exposure to modern DevOps practices - QA Automation, Monitoring, Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform)
- Exposure to automated deployments (CI/CD)
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
From our ways of working to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! People are our greatest asset and our ICONITE experience is designed to empower you to do your best work. Here’s what to expect when you join THE ICONIC:
- The learning collective. Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons, and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Parents at THE ICONIC. Access to our parental leave program and an extra day off for your kids' first day of school every year
- Birthday leave. Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and an ICONIC voucher to treat yourself
- Curate your style. No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- People & Planet Positive: From our ethical sourcing and sustainability strategies to our community engagement and diversity, our responsibility is multifaceted, and each of these facets are equally important.
- Wellbeing. Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- People first. Access our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family.
- Volunteer days. Work as a Charity Partner with Thread Together for society and environmental change.
- Furry friend. We are a dog friendly office for anyone who wants to bring their fur baby to work.
- Refer a friend. Enjoy a $4,000 referral reward for successfully referring someone to THE ICONIC.
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: email@example.com