At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty, Home and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our Buying team works collaboratively to liberate and inspire our customers, selecting the best and latest products from the most desirable brands. THE ICONIC Buyers travel to fashion capitals around the globe to source the best brands and research and predict the up-and-coming trends for our customers. This team is creative, analytical and absolutely customer-focused. With a growth-mindset, they are offered regular Buying workshops, mentoring and up-skilling opportunities to enable all team members to be their best. Our Buying team lives and breathes fashion.
We are currently on the look out for a Buyer to join our Kids & Toys team.
- Build strong and professionally reciprocal relationships with suppliers
- Share performance updates (monthly & seasonally) with brands
- Identify priorities & action points with each brand (product, volume, missed opp. new terms...)
- Seasonal deep dive with brands on historic and forecast performance
- Negotiate contracts to meet company targets
- Negotiate Brand Partnership marketing opportunities in line with business calendar
- Organise effective brand marketing packages relative to investment/brand priority
- Follow process for new brand onboarding
- Maintain strong, commercial supplier relationships with regular communication
- Direct vendor markdown and rebate contribution collection to AB
- Keep the trading terms matrix up to date
- Deliver key department targets for sales, stock turn & profit
- Manage requests for stock return, mark down contribution and rebates
- Sign off mark down SKU lists
- Manage Core to 98% size availability
- Review weekly product lifecycle with Buying & Planning team for replenishment or clearance opportunity
- Monday morning trade comments update
- Sales deep dive / analysis for each brand prior to showing
- Suggest stock swaps and returns to supplier for slow movers
- Manage and support junior team members to ensure the smooth operation of the department
- Manage department OTB and maintain an accurate brand plan
- Attend showing, make product selection and quantify brand orders
- Brand sign off presentation to Planners/ BM/ PM/ CM
- Analyse and present weekly trade with actions.
- Best and worst product review and provide key findings
- Populate & review monthly / post seasonal analysis reports
- Lead Monthly 'Go To Market' buying input in Marketing calendar
- Always on trend analysis, reviewing brand and category shifts and action accordingly
- On top of your main roles and responsibilities, if any team deadlines are not being met, you will be required to step in and help carry out any tasks as required by the business.
- Previous Buyer experience in a multi-brand fashion/retail environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Thrive on building successful and long term business relationships
- You're naturally inquisitive with a love for numbers and a strong understanding of how to review and report using Excel
- A passion for retail! You’re a trend enthusiast and love all things Kids fashion & Toys.
- You have strong levels of attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to your the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.