THE ICONIC Tech is driven by innovation and quality is highly valued. Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with more than 5 million customers visiting THE ICONIC each month, it’s guaranteed that your work will positively impact customers.
Our Engineering Department plans, builds and maintains the technology that drives THE ICONIC. Our ability to deliver fast, safe and scalable solutions are critical in delivering first-class experiences to our customers. Our teams are organised by business domain and take ownership of everything they do in a you built it, you own it, model.
A bit about the role
You will be working in an agile environment on high-quality software that enables our site reliability engineering & core platform engineering teams to work cohesively to deliver platform wide initiatives to the masses (scalability, reliability, observability & cloud security).
Our teams operate hundreds of production workloads with daily deployments. Your experience in operating large scale environments will form the basis for standards implemented by our delivery platform running on Kubernetes.
You will be a subject matter expert in site reliability engineering practices and will upskill your colleagues to build a healthy and effective SRE team.
You will own the cadence on operational excellence initiatives (keeping the systems current).
Here’s what you need to set you off on an ICONIC Journey
- Extensive experience in high traffic environments (1B+ requests daily)
- Experience with Kubernetes in large production environments
- Experience operating or offering a platform as a service to an engineering team
- Exposure to SRE functions
- Hands on experience in core AWS services: (VPC & EC2)
- Ability to clearly articulate complex architectural and technical problems
- Software Architecture - well versed in a range of architectural styles such as mirco-services & event driven architecture
- Python experience. The ideal candidate will come from a development background.
Here’s some extra things you may bring to the table
- Experience with queueing solutions (RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, Kafka, etc)
- Experience with AWS Direct Connect, EKS & RDS
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Feel free to skip the commute and work from home. On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central location
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and learning bank
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sale
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
- Feel supported beyond your day job with flexible hours, part time, paid parental leave, additional personal leave, family friendly workplace, first day of school off, birthday leave
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org