At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life…
We solve complex data problems through Data science and BI driven strategies. Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with more than 5 million customers visiting theiconic.com.au each month, data is at the heart of everything we do! You will be working across all internal and external data strategies which present data to drive data driven decision making as well as data monetisation strategies.
The Product team is made up of strategic thinkers leading and guiding cross-functional squads of Engineers, UX Designers and Data Scientists to ensure our customers and internal teams are delighted with every tech interaction.
As Product Owner at THE ICONIC, you will inspire your cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to reimagine retail in Australia & New Zealand. Together, you will create awesome customer experiences.
By driving a company-wide customer-centric approach, you will increase the profitability of the product and lead the development of new features and functionality. You will enhance existing features and help to develop new functionality based on your industry experience and learning from our customers. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
We’re looking for Product Owners who are experienced developing solutions for Business Intelligence and Data Platforms. So experience in this space will be highly regarded.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated stakeholder and relationship management
- Strong organisational skills
- 5+ years in an agile environment
- 5+ years Product experience
- Documenting, monitoring and revising the following artifacts in support of delivery: product requirements, process maps, use cases, user acceptance test plans, business models, data models and flows, project plans, and release notes
- Experienced in taking the product from strategy, through to initial idea, implementation, support and continuous improvement
- Working with data scientists, analysts and agile development teams on design, definition, documentation and implementation of features for web applications, business infrastructure and data structure
- Ability to analyse quantitative data to pinpoint problems and opportunities, or prove something is worth doing
- Experience in using SQL, data models and databases
- Ability to get things done, either autonomously or within a team, depending on the circumstances.
- Ability to methodically, with data, assess the value of a solution and evaluate it against others
- An understanding of how technology works (software, data, systems interfaces, APIs, infrastructure, etc)
- Understands the levers of revenue/cost/margin/profit
- A methodical approach to problem solving, and well-practiced toolkit of methods to apply to get to root causes and find the best solutions
- Ability to articulate complicated problems to people so they can understand and contribute to the solution
- Familiarity with A/B testing methodology
Experience with the following a plus
- Financial analysis - cost, revenue, ROI
- Human centred design, UX
- Process analytics (Eg- Lean/Six Sigma)
- Working with online technology (mobile, authorisation tech, payment gateways, etc)
- Highly regarded - Degree in Data, Statistics, Information Management or other relevant technical field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Superset
- Experience commercialising data assets
- Google Analytics experience
Location and Key Extras
This role is based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.