At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
At Tekion, design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities.
The job of a Senior Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical. You'll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs — from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mock-ups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product Is easy to use and solving their problems.
- People, people, people! Bring strong process, leverage teams strengths and mentor/coaching so they can continue to grow
- High energy, positive attitude. Bring teams together.
- Planning and Execution. Work closely with partners (PM) to plan and understand impact and value
- Critique work
- Facilitate and drive projects, workshops
- Communication & Influence
- Handling lots of ambiguity. Manage PM ambiguity
- Complete end-to-end ownership (with PMs and Dev)
- Take care of the teams (mentorship, improving skillsets)
- Curiosity - and self initiation
- Make some key decisions with limited data
- Research competitive solutions
- Increase quality and standard for all aspects (research, user journeys, documentation)
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.