At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
This role requires up to 50-75% travel.
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented Retail Specialist/Sr. Specialist, of Product Management who loves challenges, pushes boundaries and is passionate about building a transformational product. You will help define and drive the product roadmap, manage priorities within cross-functional teams, make smart, data driven decisions and own the product end-to-end from ideation to post-production support. You will be part of a proven world class technology team that is solving complex problems and delighting our customers.
- Own the Voice of the Customer – You will be in front of customers, taking regular feedback, communicating about what we are doing new & how we are doing it better, helping create more customer champions. You will know the business landscape, talk the business language and help bring our customers & product together.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert – You will validate the products thoroughly, before they make it to the customer, and as an internal industry expert provide recommendations to make the platform even more seamless for our dealer partners.
- Train & Implement – You will help create customer facing training content, as well as internal enablement content to drive better product adoption.
- Lead Discoveries – Contribute towards go-lives by analysing new changes that might be required due to a new state, new OEM, or size of the user operation etc. And accordingly updating product priorities to make new customer go-lives seamless.
- Engage with people across the company – Work collaboratively with teams across all departments including Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Sales, Business Development, Implementation & Partner Success to guarantee we’re launching the right products, at the right time and with the right quality.
Skills & Qualifications
We want that small percentage of the population that is passionate about what they do, likes to solve complex problems, is prideful of their work, and wants to be part of an elite culture that is progressive, always evolving, and loves working with others to accomplish great things!
- Strong business acumen and ability to work through complex and ambiguous business requirements from sales, tax, legal, financial, compliance, and regulatory perspective
- 8+ years of Automotive Industry Experience with empathy for users, and understanding of their process and requirements.
- Drive prioritization and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to envision product ideation through post-production release support
- Experience working in the automotive retail industry
- Machine learning product management experience
- Experience with business applications product management
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock options
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including parental leave and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from the Silicon Valley’s most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth startup with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- Dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- Open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.