At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
This position must be located in Cincinatti, Ohio or Austin, Texas. Consideration will be given to exceptional remote candidates in other states.
About the Role
We're doing some incredible work in the Legal team and building the foundation for the hypergrowth that Tekion is undergoing. In this role, you will work on some of the most strategic initiatives of the company and will partner cross-functionally with our brilliant innovators across teams. Disrupting an industry doesn’t come easy and you will deliver creative, bold and practical solutions that help us break through while elegantly managing risk. If you’re someone who enjoys a challenge, can simplify complexity, thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves to partner with people, we’re looking for you!
- Partner with our Auto Finance Product, Design and other teams to provide practical and actionable advice as we launch new and exciting products, with a primary focus on the development and implementation of our F&I Forms Library.
- Provide assistance to the Lead Counsel, Auto Finance & Compliance in the review of contracts and internal controls for key auto finance partners, and other ad-hoc projects.
- Work at the intersection of law and technology to provide clear and actionable advice on automotive compliance, vehicle and consumer finance, leasing programs, franchise laws etc.
- Proactively identify risks, manage legal project schedules and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company
- Enable our strategic innovation and revenue growth objectives by being creative, decisive and deftly managing risk
- JD from a recognized U.S. law school and licensed to practice in at least one US jurisdiction
- 2-3 years of experience at a reputable law firm or corporation, preferably with experience advising on automotive compliance regulations and laws related to vehicle finance and leasing
- Excellent contract negotiation and drafting skills, comfortable and adept at teaming with sales leadership in fast moving customer facing transactions
- Attention to detail, willingness to roll up their sleeves to get into the details and drive creative solutions but ability to think on the fly and drive efficient deal process and fast decision making
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to create and sustain lasting relationships
- Demonstrated ability to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing environments
- Resilience, patience, humility and humor!
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, parental leave and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from the Silicon Valley’s most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth startup with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- Dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- Open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required upon hire.
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.