At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
We are looking for a Lead Analyst to work with our data science team. The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity about solving problems, identifying the right metrics to inspect the business, and to help leaders make great data driven decisions. You will work with a highly collaborative team, and have direct influence over analytical roadmaps, establishment of key performance metrics, dashboards and report development. You’ll be able to bring your unique skills and expertise to shape the direction of our Analytics team.
- Partner with data science and product team to consult, define, develop and implement the right set of performance metrics, reports, and dashboards to effectively manage the business.
- Support data needs related to business cadence such as weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis projects – at times across multiple systems answering complex business questions and providing actionable insights to the leadership team to inform decisions and strategy.
- Conduct trend analysis to identify opportunities, highlight strengths, and provide recommended corrective actions.
- Partnering with the product teams and data science team, to identify and clarify ongoing needs and influence the analytics roadmap to deliver.
- Contribute to strategic planning processes and recommend process improvement initiatives, influencing the direction of the organisation.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. o Experience in Python, SQL and in handling extremely large datasets.
- Understanding of data warehousing and data modelling.
- Understanding of basic statistics like hypothesis testing, regression etc. and experience in building business driver models.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively with non-technical customers and team members and translate business questions into analytical requirements with ease.
- Engineering graduate in CS, Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/statistical analysis role.
- 3+ years direct experience with one or more major data visualization tools including: Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI etc.
- Experience in scripting languages for parsing and data analysis.
- Proven problem-solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, ability to influence others and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Be self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data.
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.