Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Help us build. Help us be. Whether you're recruiting top talent or keeping our current team happy and healthy, you're an excellent communicator with a knack for cultivating relationships both within and outside the company. You’ll also play a key role in shaping and nurturing our strong company culture. If you thrive in environments where you play a central role in driving actionable insights by solving strategic and highly analytical problems, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Data Analyst, you will work closely with cross-functional HR teams to define key metrics and identify opportunities to improve the employee life cycle experience. Using your analytical skills and HR perspective, you will design, develop, and create reports to easily track employee trends. You will conduct focused analyses to make specific recommendations to optimize our processes and programs.
You will play a central role in defining new standards and establishing self-service tools to expand internal access to key data and basic reporting. You will collaborate with the HR team to optimize the employee experience.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and business acumen to understand and analyze employee trends
- Serve as HR team point-person for quantitative analysis, database management, and statistical forecasting exercises
- Review data from multiple sources, ensure data quality, and conduct in-depth data analyses
- Manage predictive analysis and statistical forecasting projects to facilitate strategic planning
- Design and build interactive reports and dashboards easily accessible to the HR team using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations identifying new data trends and impactful insights
- Prepare reports of findings and communicate complex analysis and insights to broad audiences including executives
- Provide data informed recommendations to influence business decision making and HR strategic initiatives
- When required, prepare ad-hoc analysis in the support of specific initiatives and internal projects
- Remain informed on HR analytics trends, research methods, and implement best practices
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Proficient in accessing data warehouses
- Advanced analytical, quantitative, and deductive capabilities
- Experience building reports and dashboards in common HR systems (ATS, HRIS, etc.) and visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Exceptional problem solving skills: demonstrated ability to understand HR challenges, structure complex problems, develop solutions
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills. The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses to business partners is key
- Can effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- BA/BS degree (preferably in a field related to HR, Business, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, etc., or other equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience in HR
- Previous shared services, employee relations and/or HR generalist experience
- Motivated, self-starter with an excellent work ethic
- Desire to learn new things
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.