What we're looking for
The Authoring Experience Team is at the heart of survey creation and response collection across the Momentive platform. Through our close collaboration between UX and Product Management teams we design and create high quality survey-taking features for our customers; from the individual up to large Fortune 500 enterprises.
We are looking for a Frontend Software Engineer who has a passion for solving challenging problems and developing new product features. All of this while maintaining our high quality and accessibility requirements. Your work will support the entire survey creation experience from creating and designing a survey through to setting up and sharing with respondents. Your technical work, experience, product ideas, and contributions will be extremely important to the success of the team. You will report to the engineering manager on the Authoring Experience team.
- Develop new features by creating technical specs, coding, and tracking post-release technical metrics while ensuring we meet our accessibility standards
- Create features using multi-variant experimentation to gain insights from our customers
- Focus on code testability through the use of industry standard tools such as WDIO
- Investigate and address issues with performance, security, and maintainability
- Provide on-call support where needed to ensure we continue to meet our high-availability targets
- Participate in a large-scale rewrite of our systems from jQuery, REST, and Python into React, GraphQL and Node.js
- Bring your own ideas to the table, working with product, design and our partners to add value for our customers
- 5+ years of experience in web application development
- Experience with technologies such as Node.js, GraphQL, Python, and TypeScript
- Experience with Python web frameworks, or other languages like Ruby on Rails
- Culture of code reviews and collaborating closely with peers
- Experience developing features which meet WCAG Accessibility guidelines a plus
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV), maker of SurveyMonkey, is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Our vision is to improve human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, benefits, and culture for our 1,600+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel.
We've won multiple Culture and Employee awards, including Comparably's Best Workplace for Women and Diversity, and received recognition for our forward-looking benefits policies, including best workplace for parents, vendor benefits standards, our annual holiday refresh, retirement benefits, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.