What we're looking for
As a member of the SRE team at Momentive/SurveyMonkey, you will automate away toil, help teams work in a cloud-first AWS environment, and develop processes to make development seamless. The SRE team consults with several development teams that are responsible for some of the most trafficked applications within SurveyMonkey. This role presents a prime opportunity to ensure reliability, maintainability, performance, scalability, and security are at the forefront of our teams' products.
The SRE team will be fully remote across North American time zones.
The Staff Site Reliability Engineer will partner with the application development and main infrastructure teams to architect and operate reliable, scalable, and performant services. Our organization is running fully in AWS and is currently transforming within the new environment to best utilize cloud-first technologies. Because of this, you will be working on many greenfield projects and new-to-us technologies. Not only will site reliability be a keen focus but the team operates with a DevOps view. This team's main impact is taking our engineering excellence to the next level.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Site Reliability Engineering.
- Consult with application developers and architects to ensure our services are built for scale, reliability and performance.
- Develop the monitoring solutions on top of existing observability platforms
- Refine the development, build and deployment processes on top of our main infrastructure
- Lead engineering teams that architect and build our platform services to simplify real-time troubleshooting and operational response to incidents and outages
- Be the expert on how to best use AWS technologies to build our next-generation cloud-native platform, including Kubernetes and GitOps based deployments
- Be the bridge between our core application engineers and our main infrastructure teams
- Provide capacity management expertise to ensure our deployments are managed for robustness and cost
- Bring best practices and own environment management, ensuring all of our dev/test/prod environments are reproducible with high availability
- Be the voice of both development teams and infrastructure teams in engineering working groups
- A minimum 12 years experience within Site Reliability or DevOps roles operating in a large-scale environment
- Experience working within AWS and familiarity with tooling such as:
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or Ansible)
- Code build and deployment (Github Actions, Docker registries, Makefiles)
- Kubernetes (Helm, minikube, EKS)
- Logging and Monitoring (Splunk or SignalFx)
- Experience owning the improvement the services and customer experiences of the platforms you support
- Experience in application architecture designs and implementations, including the operational trade-offs of different designs
- Knowledge of different aspects of service design: including messaging protocols and behavior, caching strategies, and software design practices
- Experience in prioritization and planning, making strategic trade-offs when needed
- Have mentored and led SRE engineers with ranging levels of experience
Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV), maker of SurveyMonkey, is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Our vision is to improve human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, benefits, and culture for our 1,600+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel.
We've won multiple Culture and Employee awards, including Comparably's Best Workplace for Women and Diversity, and received recognition for our forward-looking benefits policies, including best workplace for parents, vendor benefits standards, our annual holiday refresh, retirement benefits, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.