What we're looking for
As a member of the Cloud Engineering team at Momentive, you will have direct impact in building and maintaining Momentives Cloud Platform. Defining best-practices, deployment processes, architecture, and support the ongoing operation of our multi-tenant AWS environments. This role presents a prime opportunity for building world class infrastructure, solving complex problems at scale, learning new technologies and offering mentorship to other engineers.
- Architect, build, and operate AWS environments at scale with well established industry best practices
- Define, document, and implement standards around the utilization of AWS services
- Automating infrastructure provisioning, DevOps, and/or continuous integration/delivery
- Support and maintain AWS services
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Serving as a technical mentor
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- 4+ years of production experience with AWS, including but not limited to EKS, IAM, VPC, EC2, Lambda, ALB, S3, TGW, Route53, Control Tower, CloudWatch, Cloudfront, Appmesh and API Gateway
- Experience building and evolving well-architected environments in AWS at scale
- Extensive experience with Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and scripting(Bash/Python)
- Extensive experience in Linux and Windows is a plus
- Ability to listen and partner to understand requirements, troubleshoot problems or promote the adoption of platforms
- Experience with Python/Bash/Yaml in either a software engineering or DevOps environment
- Preferably experience with secrets management, for example Hashicorp Vault
- Preferably experience and knowledge of Git, GitHub and JIRA
- Preferably experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Cloudwatch, SignalFx/Splunk
More about our Cloud Engineering Team
The cloud engineering team is responsible for Momentive's AWS cloud platform and DevOps services. We are responsible for deploying and maintaining AWS services, networks and provisioning tooling. Providing repeatable patterns for engineers to deploy securely with minimal friction to the cloud while complying with company and regulatory standards.
Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV), maker of SurveyMonkey, is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.