Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Machine Learning Platform Team
The Machine Learning Platform (MLP) team owns the complete ML operations pipeline and is responsible for building out a machine learning platform that accelerates the efficient adoption of machine learning across all Momentive portfolio products. The goal is to build applications and tools that enable the scalability of ML along all points of the lifecycle of an AI project, from feature discovery to model training, from model deployment to post-production monitoring and evaluation.
What we're looking for
Today, the ML platform is powering millions of predictions and we are looking for an experienced Engineering Director to help scale it up to billions! Reporting to our Senior Director, Engineering - Machine Learning, you will lead the team responsible for continuing to evolve our machine learning platform while exploring and deploying new technologies to guide ease of development, scalability, and performance gains for the ML platform.
- Be a close partner with the product data science team to provide tooling for data science workflow, support feature discovery, model training, model deployment, etc.
- Be an architectural voice and partner with infrastructure and applications engineering teams to ensure machine learning requirements are understood and incorporated in architecture decisions.
- Lead a team of 10+ engineers and set the strategy for scaling to 15+ over the next 12-18 months.
- Ensure the team has the tools and capabilities to provide operational excellence on the ML platform and throughout the ML project lifecycle.
- Promote excellence in execution by streamlining agile processes, clarity in project definition, and making smart trade-offs between tech debt accumulation and pay off.
- Deep technical experience building production machine learning platforms at scale in the cloud.
- Experience solving the unique challenges in different stages of the machine learning project lifecycle.
- Well-versed in large-scale data storage and processing and know when to use out-of-the-box solutions versus building custom ones
- Experience with applied machine learning techniques, including natural language processing, classification, spam detection, personalization / ranking, etc.
- Passionate about your profession, curious, and continuing to learn to drive excellence and innovation in software engineering and architecture
- A sense of platform ownership and customer service demonstrated through uptime, responsiveness, and positive action.
- A track record for making it happen - rapid and clean execution.
- Experience shaping and leading a lean organization, making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed.
- The ability to hire and grow a team of software engineers of all experience levels
- 8+ years of hands-on software engineering experience
- 6+ years of management experience
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.