Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Data Team
We are a centralized data team at Momentive that provides relevant insights to all of the business departments of the organization. We are passionate about data and we are passionate about technology modernization.
What we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer. You will work with a small team of engineers to develop web applications. You will relish the opportunity to help architect our state-of-the-art Data portal and all the applications that run on top of it, providing a scalable and reliable cloud-based platform for Momentive's future needs. You will report to the Director of Data Engineering
- Help build our Data Portal platform, with a modern API-based architecture and using React.js for the front-end
- Have top-to-bottom ownership of new features, from design and creation, through writing readable and extensible code, unit tests, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Lead a small team of engineers (full stack and data) and mentor them
- Work as part of the Data Engineering team, maintaining the data portal both front-end and back-end.
- Work in our Agile development process including participating in sprint planning and code reviews.
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Strong experience in Python
- Strong experience in Flask and Django Frameworks
- Experience with Redux, REST API
- Experience with Cloud platform, specifically AWS (S3, ECR, ECS etc)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernates
- Experience with SQL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.